Forum Index > Gear Talk > Nemo spoon sleeping bags
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
toms_strat

toms_strat
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 10:50 am 
I'm considering going this route, but the reviews seem all over the place, from too cold (I'm always hot anyhow) to very comfortable. I'd love first hand thoughts if you have used or tried one?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm 
3-1/2 lb. (Nemo's 20F-rated spoon bag) is more than double the weight and less efficient (greatly expands the volume of inside dead air space). Sounds like a bad solution in search of a problem. If you usually sleep warm and seek additional comfort, consider a sleeping quilt system.

toms_strat

toms_strat
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm 
Good insight. I have looked at quilts, but at 6'4 it's tough, but if you have any you would suggest, I'd love to look more into it?!

HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostWed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 pm 
toms_strat wrote:
I have looked at quilts, but at 6'4 it's tough, but if you have any you would suggest, I'd love to look more into it?!
enLightened Equipment makes quilts as long as 7'. And they are good quality. I currently own two.

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!

Obi Tony Kenobi
Waterfall Crazy!
PostTue May 30, 2017 10:57 pm 
I know I'm late to this conversation, but I love my Nemo Spoon! So I have a Nemo Nocturne 30°. I have used it down to 29° in Patagonia and I stayed warm. Really love the bag and it is warm considering I'm a cold sleeper. On really cold nights I just stuffed my down jacket down to my feet to take up space, but otherwise I stayed warm. When it gets to about 45° or so I have to start venting the bag. Being a gear junky I went ahead and bought the Rhythm 40° for those nights over 50°. I like that it is roomy. I can't sleep in a mummy bag, I get claustrophobic in them. On top of that I can move my feet and hate sleeping as if I was in a straight jacket. With the Spoon I can twist and turn and my bag is still right side up. I feel like I'm sleeping in a bed. Talking about beds I used to be a Big Agnes person and used a Lost Ranger with the sleeve pad. My problem was you really couldn't sit up or bent your knees. Something that is not problem with the Nemo. When it comes to weight it is 2lbs 2oz. This is my go to bag.

toms_strat

toms_strat
PostWed May 31, 2017 6:27 am 
Good insight. I still have not decided of course... Lol. I appreciate all the feedback!