Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > live music thread?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 am 
Nice triple bill InFlight. I'm a fan of 80's hard rock/heavy metal.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jun 11, 2017 11:38 am 
Somebody posted a couple songs from the show I was at on Thursday night on You Tube. Sound quality is never very good on these for some reason. It sounded much better if you were there. I am SOOOO almost in the video, I'm right behind the woman in the white shirt.
edited--I think I do see my hand move to scratch my nose or something

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jul 16, 2017 12:06 am 
Cowboy Junkies at the Neptune Theater tonight. Margo's voice was excellent, the band are talented musicians...but they played a whole bunch of songs I don't know. They've been together 30 years, they have an extensive catalog. Apparently I'm not familiar w/ most of it. Finally played a few of the songs I was really hoping to hear towards the end. No opening act, and they started w/in 5-10 minutes of the listed time. About 2 1/2 hours of music. That's pretty solid. I've seen enough crap bands as opening acts that I had to endure for 45 minutes or so, did not miss that one bit tonight.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Jul 16, 2017 1:35 pm 
I've experienced this before, so shouldn't be surprised. Everybody wants to be a hard rocker when they play live. Even the Cowboy Junkies. If you are familiar w/ their music, they are mostly about as mellow as you can get. Not in concert. Some wailing guitar, and Margo was really belting it out on some of the songs.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm 
How's the Neptune for a venue? Do you need to be there when the doors open for decent seats? Never been before, but I have Steve Earle tickets in August.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
mike

mike
PostSat Jul 29, 2017 4:52 pm 
Pigs on the Wing last night and tonight

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Jul 29, 2017 8:31 pm 
InFlight wrote:
How's the Neptune for a venue? Do you need to be there when the doors open for decent seats? Never been before, but I have Steve Earle tickets in August.
I've only been twice. I like it as a venue, good acoustics, some murals and sculptures have the nautical and mythological theme going for Neptune. As far as seating, for the Cowboys Junkies it was assigned seating. The other show there were no seats in the lower bowl, just filled with people crowding up near the stage, so showing up earlier was beneficial. There might have been seats up in the balcony for that show, but I didn't check it out up there.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostThu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 am 
Steve Earle at the Neptune, August 15 Steve was in great form in a small venue with good sound. He had long time Bass player Kelly Looney and Drummer Brad Pemberton with him. He had also added Ray Jackson on pedal steel, keyboard and accordion. He was joined on stage with the Masterson's (Chris Masterson on Guitar, and Eleanor Whitmore on Violin and guitar). He opened with "So you want to be an Outlaw" of his new album. In his nod to the Northwest: he played Firebreak Line his tribute to forest fire fighters, and ended the show with Hendrix's Hey Joe. Steve's never one to not make some political statements with songs selections - Jerusalem - "Well maybe I'm only dreamin' and maybe I'm just a fool But I don't remember learnin' how to hate in Sunday school " City of Immigrants Mississippi, it's time He played his tribute to Guy Clark "Goodbye Michelangelo". He also hit some favorites with Johnny Come Lately, Guitar Town, and Copperhead Road.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 18, 2017 9:28 am 
InFlight wrote:
Steve Earle at the Neptune
up.gif Haven't seem him live, but I like his music.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostFri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 pm 
He's here later in the year doing a acoustic benefit concert with Dave Mathews in the Moore. Tickets went on sale today, and are already sold out.

Navy salad

Navy salad
PostFri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm 
We saw Baby Gramps playing in Duvall a couple days ago. What an entertainer! Great energy, great quirky songs (like "Test Tube Babies")! See a sample here. He'll be playing in Snohomish in a day or two (check his website for the actual date) for anyone else who's been wanting to see him.

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostMon Aug 21, 2017 11:38 pm 
Caught Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker on Saturday. Great show by a great band. I have no kind words for Safeco as a venue. Completely unprepared for the crowds even though they knew the number of tickets sold. The Lumineers where the opening band. There were literally 40,000+ people outside trying to get in that never saw them. Safeco had only three metal detectors at the main north entrance.

Washakie

Washakie
PostFri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 pm 
Somewhere I have posted about this, but long ago in a city far away (SFO), I used to go to rock shows most every week ( Flillmore and Avon). One week, Big Brother And The Holding Company were playing. They were a lousy band, but this night they introduced their new "chick" singer and said she would join them for a few songs. Off course, it was Janis Joplin and she was electric. One of many memorable performances I have been fortunate to attend. Music can set you free.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 26, 2017 9:51 pm 
That's really cool Washakie! up.gif

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Sep 23, 2017 11:18 pm 
Tonight I ventured to the far away magical kingdom of Capitol Hill, where parking spots are as rare as unicorns. My second time at the tiny club Barboza. Widowspeak was the band. Decent show, but not great. The lead singer is originally from Tacoma (I think they are based out of NYC), so it was a homecoming for her. A bit of a diatribe. I have never understand why, and it kinda bugs the crap out of me, why do people buy tickets to a concert, and then spend the whole time yapping with their friends? It's pointless. You can go to any bar to have a drink and have a chat. Or you can stay home and listen to the stereo and have friends over. But if you are in a venue where there is live music, why the blue blazes wouldn't you shut up and listen to the music? The music mostly drowned it out but occasionally I was aware of a dull roar towards the back of the room.