Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 2017 and the Mariners are still at it
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun May 21, 2017 9:34 am 
Took my son to the Moroners game last night. Great outing. We enjoyed watching the White Sox take batting practice all game. The boo birds came out in the 5th inning. I didn't think you guys did that. Well done. But you really should stay through the end of the game. It was a good lesson for my son in the subtle, but important differences, between fans at Fenway and fans at Safeco. Thanks for reinforcing that. Mariners fans are the best!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun May 21, 2017 11:59 am 
A better sports lesson for your son? https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ryan-leaf-nfl-letter-to-my-younger-self/
Quote:
So if I have just one piece of advice to leave you with, it would be … don’t be a [bleep], man. You’ll be amazed at how much you get back when you just treat other people with dignity and respect. And it feels pretty damn good.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun May 21, 2017 2:12 pm 
You're the best Tom! You're awesome!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun May 21, 2017 3:05 pm 
Well, it you think that adds value here. Seems kinda messed up, shrug.

gb

gb
PostSun May 21, 2017 4:23 pm 
Finally hitting their stride, the Mariners score 3 runs on 12 hits!......in 3 games. It really wouldn't matter who pitches for the opposing team. It's Nelson Cruz and the Seven Dwarfs. With the pitching staff hurting, the offense is really doing their thing. Why would anyone go to a Mariners' game?

trestle

trestle
PostSun May 21, 2017 5:25 pm 
The garlic fries. But I'm actually partial to the pre-game bratwurst from across the street. Or to hang out in that center-field, stand up and ignore the game, pub place. No idea what it's called but it usually has more fans than the base lines.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun May 21, 2017 9:21 pm 
gb wrote:
Finally hitting their stride, the Mariners score 3 runs on 12 hits!......in 3 games. It really wouldn't matter who pitches for the opposing team. It's Nelson Cruz and the Seven Dwarfs. With the pitching staff hurting, the offense is really doing their thing. Why would anyone go to a Mariners' game?
You sure? Last night I saw the whiff stick and the double play stick but no boom stick.
trestle wrote:
Or to hang out in that center-field, stand up and ignore the game, pub place. No idea what it's called but it usually has more fans than the base lines.
Exactly! Mariners fans are the best!!! Love the culture. Love the team. The best!

InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSun May 28, 2017 11:17 am 
They M's own last place in the American League at 13 games behind. It could be worse, San Diego is 14 games behind in the National League. They are getting shelled so badly on a regular basis it's painful to watch.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun May 28, 2017 9:32 pm 
Playing for that #1 draft pick now. At least we get Paxton back this week, but at this point I'm not at all against blowing the whole thing up.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Jun 13, 2017 9:49 am 
Just heard that SafeCo has decided not to extend their 20 year deal with the Moroners. I don't understand why. It would seem that a major corporation would want to be associated with the awesomeness that is Moroners fandom. shakehead.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Jun 13, 2017 7:35 pm 
They could change the name to "Edgar Martinez Is The Most Overrated Hitter Of All Time Field" and it would still be a better park than Fenway. winksmile.gif Seriously, your smack talk is terrible. The Twins have put up 14 runs on 21 hits on us tonight (so far), and this is the best you can do?

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
They could change the name to "Edgar Martinez Is The Most Overrated Hitter Of All Time Field" and it would still be a better park than Fenway. winksmile.gif
I've sat at Fenway Park right behind home plate and did not enjoy the experience at all. The game was good, actually pretty exciting, but the place is an absolute dump*. Dark, dank and dingy, with moldy old passages in which to fight through all the crowds to get to the concession stands. History will only get you so far. Now this was a while ago - the year before they put the seats up on the Green Monster - so they may have fixed it up by now. If they haven't they really need to. * Sorry, Layback's smack talk may be terrible by your standards but he's getting through to me. Even if I was serious in what I said above.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 am 
Sore Feet wrote:
Seriously, your smack talk is terrible. The Twins have put up 14 runs on 21 hits on us tonight (so far), and this is the best you can do?
Nobody watches Moroners games unless forced to, including me. What would make you think I watched the game?

CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostSat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
I've sat at Fenway Park right behind home plate and did not enjoy the experience at all. The game was good, actually pretty exciting, but the place is an absolute dump*. Dark, dank and dingy, with moldy old passages in which to fight through all the crowds to get to the concession stands. History will only get you so far. Now this was a while ago - the year before they put the seats up on the Green Monster - so they may have fixed it up by now. If they haven't they really need to.
If you are a real baseball fan history WILL get you all the way. There is nothing in baseball to compare with a Red Sox /Yankees game at Fenway, or an afternoon game at Wrigley. One of Babe Ruth's girlfriends may have sat in that same seat you sat in behind home plate. The voice you heard yelling at Oriz for taking that 3rd strike may have been Ted William's ghost. If you want a modern baseball park with all the modern amenities and great views yinz have arguably got the best one in the country there in Da Burgh. But if you want to see the wall where Mazeroski hit that seventh-game, world-series-winning, walk-off you have to go over to the U of Pittburgh campus where they have saved a section. It ain't the same.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun Jun 18, 2017 11:22 am 
Layback wrote:
Nobody watches Moroners games unless forced to, including me.
Very No True Scotsman of you.