Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wy' east 6-17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
AaniishEpiichaak

AaniishEpiichaak
PostMon Jun 19, 2017 7:01 am 
This route was awesome, with my new today "taxonomy"an 25m, 17t, 8s. 6:30, Rd. #39, hwy 26 trail-head. Pioneer bride , a gorgeous hike through wet rainforest and lush foliage. Turned left, the alpine trailsign to crosstown, then around lake enid. Then up to the glade, sub-alpine, made good time and the snow started at about 7.5mi from the parking lot. Left again at the first opportunity, basically aiming for the alpine, then up, staying a good distance from the feeling of angst for hikers between the zig zag and white river. Also easy to notice some "choadies", consequences, usually no offense, usually from some far distant land, no matter how much money they give the the people who build roads and buildings you don't own the mountains. Unfortunately the ego often equates this, attitude with litter as a benefit of spending, woo-hoo! Wow, head shake...and unfortunately some people who get their money don't care (look after,cleanup after them) as long as they what.get what.... the mo Gear change at about 6500 to ss. Up a bit more staying in it by the game of where and how to step. Some skiiers almost ran into me in the non skiier zone, that inspired me to keep going, lol, made it to 8290ft! around 2:00pm. Some great views as you might expect : Then back down, to the alpine, a first, took the camp creek loop over to the crosstown, to the left of enid and back down to the trailhead at about 7:00. This was a long day hike for me. Maybe the best ever. The best ever recorded anyway, I hiked for a long time before having a gizmo. Gizmo said 25.27 miles and 6162 ft elevation gain. There was roughly 8 miles of snow and 17 of trail. wow! Not bad smiley face emo here Incase you were wondering and im sure you were, lol, the handle, has to do with a person, time, and distance traveled... basically it means hiker. Also haha.

The Natural Environment is life giving and health rescuing. With each step, breath, bite and drink I realize this.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message