Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Is it a right?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Jun 19, 2017 4:50 am 
AlpineDave, next time you car camp, try bringing along a six pack of "special" home brewed beer (Rohypnol enhanced). If your camp neighbor is blasting heavy metal, rap (Or even Mozart) walk over very friendly and comment on what a nice campground it is and offer them the beer. A half hour later, you should be able to remove the batteries from the stereo without complaint. JK!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostMon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 am 
RandyHiker wrote:
AlpineDave, next time you car camp, try bringing along a six pack of "special" home brewed beer (Rohypnol enhanced). If your camp neighbor is blasting heavy metal, rap (Or even Mozart) walk over very friendly and comment on what a nice campground it is and offer them the beer. A half hour later, you should be able to remove the batteries from the stereo without complaint. JK!!
up.gif great idea

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostWed Jun 21, 2017 8:45 am 
So I called Operations for Washington State Parks (also sent an email) to voice my concerns and basically request that the park rangers do their job of enforcing park policy regarding radios and such. Still one voice isn't as effective as many. If it means a great deal to you to be able to enjoy a state park campsite without having to hear someone's music (especially above the sounds of the woods) it would be great if you too could make your voice heard. If you like a little woodsy Guns and Roses, then please keep your pie hole shut😜. Here is the email address I was told to send in my concerns to: operations@parks.wa.gov Here is a photo of the park rules:

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 pm 
Interesting and pertinent article: Your Brain On Nature “They found that people living near more green space reported less mental distress, even after adjusting for income, education, and employment (all of which are also correlated with health). In 2009 a team of Dutch researchers found a lower incidence of 15 diseases—including depression, anxiety, heart disease, diabetes, asthma, and migraines—in people who lived within about a half mile of green space.”

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Nov 04, 2017 9:12 pm 
alpendave wrote:
I can tolerate the laughter of kids having a grand time, or even a mellow campfire song, but get really annoyed by people who play their electronic sound emitting devices at places set aside for the enjoyment of nature.
I don't know that it's a right - perhaps a spiritual right, but human right? Not sure. It's a strong value, but a right...? Dunno. But what you say about laughter, etc. vs electronic sound is true for me as well. I get annoyed by a ringing cell phone while hiking, or even a novelty lighter that plays music (while lighting a campstove). I got gently nudged about not keeping my communication radio on while volunteering because the sound of it bugs me. "It's no use if we can't get ahold of you when we need to (and vise versa)" lol.gif I'm even ridiculous with electronic views; unless you got a shot of something highly unusual I missed out on - like a face floating around inside your tent in the middle of the night - don't show me your photos now. We'll do that at the restaurant later. I want to see -see the view while I'm in the actual view.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert