Forum Index > Trail Talk > Bear free camping in eastern WA??
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Roberta

Roberta
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:03 pm 
Bee, I am saddened to know that you, and your dogs, harass wildlife. I hope you are able to be more in union with nature rather than antagonize it in the future.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Roberta

Roberta
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:04 pm 
treeswarper, Thanks!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Roberta

Roberta
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:06 pm 
Treehugger5, I'll definitely keep you in mind! Thanks! (LOVE REI...)

Roberta

Roberta
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm 
Yes, self awareness about what you say in the first place...and not expecting everyone to just sit there and laugh it off because later you can just say it was a joke. Why do people always vilify the person reacting to passive-aggressive crap? Calling something a "joke" does not make insulting someone acceptable. I never liked Don Rickles' "humor" either... Too true, Schenk.

Roberta

Roberta
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Humans completely suck at distinguishing actual risk vs. perceived risk.
DIYSteve, I stated it was an "inordinate, disproportionate" (s.a. not reasonable) fear caused by someone I knew being attacked. I am very aware of your many claims regarding risks. Not everyone is an idiot, though it may suit your ego to assume as much.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 pm 
really? huh.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm 
Roberta wrote:
Bee, I am saddened to know that you, and your dogs, harass wildlife. I hope you are able to be more in union with nature rather than antagonize it in the future.
Word!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 6:51 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Hiker454 wrote:
Maybe somewhere around Dry Falls/Grand Coulee area? There is a state park there. Prolly lots of RVS though.
Sun Lakes is a zoo this time of year. Also, Sun Lakes and Steamboat both have a reservation system so it's hard to beat the coasties to it.
I only go out there in January-Febuary, pleasant bicycle ride if the snows are melted. Another reason why we need to build a wall along the length of the pacific crest.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 7:54 pm 
Roberta wrote:
-I have an inordinate, disproportionate fear of bears because someone I knew was hurt by one.
Agh, that's terrible. I have a disproportionate fear of water crossings because I botched one, once, when I did everything wrong. You don't have to justify your question, but it does allow folks to look at a different point of view; we all need that on occasion! Looks like you got some nice answers. I'm sorry you got some sh##ty responses though. I hope you put up some pictures and text from your trip. We need more reports from your side of the state.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:10 pm 
It bears repeating (no pun intended), the OP appears very attached to her special fear, and makes it seem like that makes it an extra special fear and the OP is extra special because of it.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 12:15 am 

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
cambajamba

cambajamba
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:03 am 
Roberta, you're amazing.

Roberta

Roberta
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 am 
FiveNines wrote:
If you want wild bears eating your children and scaring away your salmon that's your business. But I'm not going to take it anymore.
Salmon don't belong to you. You do not own nature. Bears, like all animals, have an important role in maintaining balance in their given ecosystems. You are screwing that up if you scare them away from their natural food sources. As for children being eaten by bears in Washington, I refer you to the volumes of posts in this thread in which people state how irrational that concern is. Apparently, this is according to many people on this website, you are an idiot, stupid, suck, and more if you fear bears. So, your excuses to harass wildlife are kind of awful excuses.

Roberta

Roberta
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am 
Gregory, Exactly.

Roberta

Roberta
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:32 am 
treeswarper, Thanks! That is the general area I ended up at. (I was about 10 miles west of Kettle Falls.) Only small RVs in the area, lots of bubbling creeks, and not prime bear habitat. Had a chat with some Forest Service folks and they agreed it was not ripe with bears (sure, they are around, but not with frequency). A cougar had been sighted recently, but I keep an immaculate site so I don't worry about it. And you are right about there being many parts of eastern WA without bears, I look forward to exploring those. People who say otherwise are just ignorant.