Forum Index > Gear Talk > Daypacks for Backpacking
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostSat Jul 15, 2017 2:26 pm 
Went looking for a daypack this morning and have just about struck out. I have a 22.5" size back measurement. I had ordered an Osprey Talon 22 M/L and had to return that. Tried on Flash 22 and Marmot Kcompressors, one size does not fit all! Only daypack at REI downtown that fit well was a Trail 40 in large. Pretty oversized, and no ultralight at 2 lbs, 14 ounces. Tons of loops for holding gear. https://www.rei.com/product/880839/rei-co-op-trail-40-pack-mens Anyone know of another ~ 25 liter day pack or climbing pack that is sized in large?

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pula58

pula58
PostSun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 am 
awilsondc wrote:
I came across a daypack recently that would be perfect to bring along for day trips while backpacking. Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Daypack. Great reviews (read the REI reviews, some useful tips like how to attach a hydration bladder), packs down to nothing, and only weighs 2.4oz. Looks promising.
That DOES look interesting..Now I'm going to have to check this out! My wife and I often make a camp, and go off for a day doing a scramble to a summit. This little (and lightweight!) pack might allow us to use it instead of our heavy 5 Lb backpacks for summit pushes!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message