Forum Index > Trail Talk > Backcountry Toilet Conspiracy???
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
the1mitch

the1mitch
PostMon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 am 
So far this summer, I am batting .000 in the "find the Thunder box" ratings. After going to Goat and McAlester Lakes, Bowan camp, Rainbow Creek trail and others, I have decided that some unknown entity or group of same have been absconding with our facilities. Does anyone have a better explanation than, "just look harder"? Should I add this to the litany of blame it on Trump or George Bush items?

illegitimi non carborundum!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN

KekistaniProphet
LOL I WIN
PostTue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 pm 
You are getting in a fecal induced rush and not looking hard enough is my hypothesis

Chico

Chico
PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:28 pm 
If you feel there is a dearth of toilets out there, please feel free to assist the land manager by constructing new ones that can be packed out there. Simply contact your favorite land manager and discuss it with them. They can supply you with a set of plans. You can then purchase the materials (talk to the suppliers about a discount), get some friends together and have a toilet party.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 pm 
I am pleasantly surprised by how many backcountry toilets there are in WA. This is after doing long hikes in CA and OR. In many places on the JMT and PCT it is difficult to find a place for a cathole and the result is gross I remember a place where there was only one good campsite on a 10 mi stretch in OR and there was a big pile of TP and worse in the middle of it hurl.gif . WA is a garden spot. smile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn