Forum Index > Trail Talk > Survey regarding state and federal passes
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chico

Chico
PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:24 pm 
Surprised or shocked that this has not been posted. (given that some here are opposed to the idea of needing a pass for access) WSU survey regarding passes State and Federal. By the way, you may well find some questions at the end are personal. You do not have to answer them or any others. The survey accepts unanswered questions.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
yorknl

yorknl
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 6:32 am 
I just looked at the survey. It's interesting, I suppose, but I think it has two flaws. 1) It suggests the possibility of a consolidated state / federal pass. I'd think the practical likelihood of that happening is nice, capital-O-shaped round number. 2) The entire survey is based on the premise that passes are the only possible way of funding access to public lands. Perhaps the various levels of government could, I dunno, perform their basic function of adequately funding the public sector? [Yes, right, that's less likely than the feds and the state cooperating.] Having one free-form question to provide some sort of alternative feedback would have made me feel better* given that a 100% constrained survey gets 100% constrained results. *Isn't this the primary function of a survey??

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 9:38 am 
^ The questions they didn't ask in the survey are the answers they don't want to hear. On the questions asking about dollar amounts, you can enter "zero" in the boxes. wink.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 am 
I remember a few years ago you could get a combined state federal pass but I think the states did not like it.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 pm 
Like others I was disappointed that this survey seems to be looking for a specific conclusion. Still filled it out, really wish there had been any questions about actual benefits for paying a fee to bash my way up an unmaintained road to plow through brush \ blow downs on seemingly never maintained trails.

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostThu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 pm 
I'm not sure they are looking for a specific response. However, surveys where people self-select as to whether or not they respond - as opposed to say calling 500 random individuals - are not very reliable. The results should be interesting.