Forum Index > Support & Feedback > New posting terms
Previous :: Next Topic  
Bird in Hand

Bird in Hand
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 6:31 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Count me in up.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am 
up.gif  up.gif  up.gif

Thank you for a good reminder, Tom.
The light moderation of this site has allowed for a very beneficial variety of views and experiences.  Let's all keep our contributions positive and helpful, like Tom said, so it can be a welcoming place for everyone.

--------------
“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
DIYSteve
mere tourist

DIYSteve
mere tourist
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 11:04 am 
I'm in, will require a bit o' behavior modifcation
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 11:22 am 
ok

--------------
Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 12:47 pm 
Ok I will try to,not rise to the bait hockeygrin.gif

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
CJ and Bernardo - you guys are very much in the right.  The best way to handle things is to not respond but like you, CJ, my first reaction is to always respond.  I've always been the kind of person to stand up for myself.

the problem as I see it is that, in the past, there have been people who go around making veiled insults and taking things I've written totally out of context or deliberately misinterpreting them then turning them around and using them as a pretext to insult me and no mods did anything about it.  I was brought up to handle my own problems and not be the crybaby tattletale unless the problem was just totally out of my hands.  If I'm expected to ignore people slandering or insulting me then I'd hope the mods would be a little more on the ball.

someone personally attacking other members shouldn't be allowed to just waltz around the site spewing their garbage under the cover of "if you don't like it, put me on ignore."

ditto.gif That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

--------------
Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 4:38 pm 
Just got a dialog box asking that I consider the value-add of posts before submitting.  Is this a new feature of NWHikers?  Something just for offenders?  Is the text of the pledge anywhere for review?
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostWed Sep 16, 2015 4:40 pm 
Tom wrote:
Edit:  It seems a few here have not read this post (or taken it to heart) so everyone is being asked to pledge to abide by this request (you will be prompted before posting).  Also, to clarify, this is not simply a request for civility.  Please consider whether your contribution adds value to this site before posting.  If you can't think of anything value added to post I would suggest browsing the trip report forum and thanking someone for their contribution.  A little goes a long way.  Thanks again and I can't emphasize enough this place is what you choose to make it!

OK, I see this from the first post of this thread answers my question.  Nice idea.  Many of us probably won't notice this at the beginning of the thread so I am quoting here.
seattlehikertoo

seattlehikertoo
PostMon Nov 30, 2015 9:07 am 
ok
johnmarken

johnmarken
PostThu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 pm 
I appreciate the reminder and emphasis. I stopped posting for a while due to the tone of some discussions. I don't mind being disagreed with at all but adding a personal attack or rudeness wasn't something I cared to deal with. As noted above, some participate in forums to do battle and do like to rise to the occasion so I am happy to see the subject raised.
Bob2005

Bob2005
PostFri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 pm 
I don't know if it is related to the new terms, but I logged in to reply to a TR, entered my reply, and got:

"General Error

Could not set forums read

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_forums_read = 1066943 WHERE user_id =

Line : 656
File : /usr/www/users/caver/www.nwhikers.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php"
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 pm 
Thanks.  No, not related.  Should be fixed now.  It was a bug with the new post tracking (bookmarking) feature that only manifested one time under rare conditions such as the one you described.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Support & Feedback > New posting terms
  Happy Birthday Flash Gordon, raz2sea!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: