Forum Index > Gear Talk > MSR Fury 2 Tent
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
murrbn

murrbn
PostSun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 am 
Anyone have any experience with this tent or MSR tents? This would be my first 4 season tent. I did Adams with my little 1 man three season tent but was looking to get something a little more rugged for some of the other volcanoes.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pula58

pula58
PostFri Sep 08, 2017 6:44 am 
The MSR Fury 2 is the old Moss Stardom II. MSR bought all the old MOSS designs. I have had the tent in both incarnations. As the Moss Stardom 2 I liked it better , although it weighed more. The vestibule door was in the center of the vestibule, rather than off to the side as with the MSR rendition of the tent. The side door makes the vestibule less useful, and the MSR tent is not the easiest tent to get in and out of. Once you are inside the tent it's a nice tent. It is long, plenty of room at your feet and head to put things. Good ventilation control since both ends of the inner tent are bug netting but you can zip the fabric panels to cover as much as the netting as you'd like in order to adjust the air flow as desired. It needs a lot of staking to get all the panels tight. But once securely set-up it is a bad weather haven. Good, sturdy pole structure. For us it really came down to the vestibule, we just couldn't live with it. Barely room for two pairs of mountaineering boots while still protecting the boots from rain and allowing easy in and out of the tent. By the way, MSR no longer makes the Fury 2. So, you can probably get a good price on it from an online retailer. Good luck.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message