Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Real Poaching
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostWed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm 
Ski, I should have worded that better. Maybe... those mentioned in the OP's article are part of a group that has been doing this for decades. If that doesn't work, I counted seven suspects in the OP's article (one being 57). In a previous article it says "We’re recomending filng against five persons initially and then six after that and then there are some satellite people as well, so there will be some levels to this." So it's still possible that more suspects will be charged. One of the suspects in the OP's article has been at this at least one decade. He was part of the Kill 'Em All Boyz. Maybe that helps... maybe not.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Sep 13, 2017 9:14 pm 
Thanks. It is certainly more information, but none of it supports the claim that this particular group has been actively engaged in the activity for decades. But whether it was going on for a month or a year or ten years, it doesn't diminish the outrageousness of the activity. We can only hope that all parties involved are sentenced to some serious jail time, fines, and they all have their hunting licenses revoked for life. During Henry VIII's reign in England, poachers were hanged. That was the customary punishment.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 6:14 am 
Ski wrote:
During Henry VIII's reign in England, poachers were hanged. That was the customary punishment.
That's hardly a valid comparison. During that time, and later, poachers hunted to keep from starving. My parents spoke of their parents poaching deer during the depression. The game wardens looked the other way. Mom often mentioned trying to hide the fact that she had a venison sandwich for lunch at school. These bums weren't starving and were just killing for the heck of it. Maybe we shouldn't call them poachers, because poaching is not always a bad thing when the history of it is examined.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am 
treeswarper wrote:
That's hardly a valid comparison. During that time, and later, poachers hunted to keep from starving. My parents spoke of their parents poaching deer during the depression. The game wardens looked the other way. Mom often mentioned trying to hide the fact that she had a venison sandwich for lunch at school.
I wasn't really trying to make a "comparison" there - just noting how much things have changed over the course of time. Somewhere around here I have a photograph of my father holding his Winchester model 94 .25-35, posing with a young buck at his feet, taken at some point in the mid-1930's. The caption he wrote on it is "My first legal one!" He also spent a few years cooking whiskey out in the Spanaway area. Sometimes people do what they need to do to feed their families. In the case of these knuckleheads who were out wantonly killing everything they could get a clear shot at, that's clearly not the case.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 2:33 pm 
25.35: Octaganol barrel?

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 pm 
nope... round barrel. peep sight.