Forum Index > Trail Talk > One day alpine climb in enchantments?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dirtbagglissader

Dirtbagglissader
PostTue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 pm 
Looking for suggestions for a single day climb in the enchantments. I've done Prusik in a day and while it was amazing, that was an extremely long day and I don't think I can convince my partner to do another crazy long one again for a while. Is there anything else in the enchantments that is manageable in a day? Thanks for your suggestions!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostTue Sep 05, 2017 9:18 pm 
Just getting into the Enchantments and back in a single day is difficult, much less throwing in an alpine climb. Maybe look into some of the routes on Dragontail or Colchuck, that's probably your best bet although you're still looking at a long day. Anything in the core zone is going to be similar to Prusik in that it will be a long day. Also, access might be restricted right now due to fires so look into that too.

teperilloux

teperilloux
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm 
You can always hike from Ingalls trailhead to the crystal lake drainage and camp there to the south of crystal lake. It's not within the permit zone, and affords easy-ish day hikes into the core where you could do dragontail, mcclelan, colchuk, enchantment peak, etc., among others. There are several trip reports - the only issue is after a certain time of year it's a dry camp - for sure right now it's dry. Warning this is an unmaintained trail with several trip reports of a confusing route/etc. Best of luck .

pcg

pcg
PostThu Sep 14, 2017 3:28 pm 
If you're contemplating one day because you don't have an Enchantments permit, remember you can go over Longs Pass and then camp along Ingalls Creek without needing a permit. That puts several peaks, including Mt. Stuart, in easy one day range from your campsite.

qraz

qraz
PostWed Sep 20, 2017 5:54 pm 
very tiring in one day