Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Sep 20, 2017 7:37 am 
Oh yeah, Seahawks D looks as good as any in the league. Historically the most successful formula for a Super Bowl winning team has been an outstanding D and an outstanding O-line. Oh well, at least RW is fun to watch.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostWed Sep 20, 2017 12:27 pm 
Sounds like Steve cares too much about his team smile.gif

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostWed Sep 20, 2017 1:26 pm 
Randy wrote:
Sounds like Steve cares too much about his team smile.gif
har har My team these days:

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 pm 
All the BS politics are turning me off the NFL! Today ALL the players stayed in the locker room for the NA! I give Jerry Jones a lot of credit and respect when he told his players that if they want to play for the Dallas Cowboys they will stand for the NA or they're gone! If you want to play politics do it on your own time! Im done with the NFL for this season. Go Huskies!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 pm 
I completely agree Joe.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
iron

iron
PostSun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
I give Jerry Jones a lot of credit and respect when he told his players that if they want to play for the Dallas Cowboys they will stand for the NA or they're gone!
isn't that playing politics? also, i'm pretty sure it's some kind of nfl union violation.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Sep 24, 2017 10:46 pm 
Forced patriotism is the same as no patriotism.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 pm 
No politics folks. No more warnings. down.gif

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 am 
DIYSteve wrote:
half fast wrote:
. . . just imagine what Wilson could do and the team that we would be if he actually had protection. . . .
All the imagination in the world cannot change the reality of Seahawks salary cap decisions.
Without the salary cap and revenue sharing wouldn't the NFL become like the MLB where the large metro area teams are dominant and teams from podunk cities like Seattle are basically farm teams for the big budget teams.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am 
I read his comment as referring to salary cap *decisions* not the *amount* of their budget, since all teams have the same amount to spend. It seemed that when the Hawks offense finally woke up, the defense was totally gassed from the heat and being on the field too long in this game as well as the previous two games. Sherman's triple penalty play and the late, brutal hit on Mariota I believe was also a contributing factor in the loss in that it fired up the Titans, especially their offense. Sherman was out of control and that hit was totally out of line. I imagine he will or has received a substantial fine? We could very well have a repeat of 2010 when a 7-9 record won the division....although I am thinking it will be the Rams this time at either 9-7 or 8-8. Sad. confused.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 12:26 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
Without the salary cap and revenue sharing wouldn't the NFL become like the MLB where the large metro area teams are dominant and teams from podunk cities like Seattle are basically farm teams for the big budget teams.
Yes, of course, but what the heck does that have to do with my post that you quoted? dizzy.gif dizzy.gif dizzy.gif
Chief Joseph wrote:
I read his comment as referring to salary cap *decisions* not the *amount* of their budget, since all teams have the same amount to spend.
Glad to see somebody correctly interpreted it. Am I the only one who sees the futility of blowing oodles of salary cap by overpaying a talented (but nowhere near the value of his salary package) mobile QB but having a bargain basement O-line not protecting him? Titans O is an example of a mobile QB with a solid O-line. Reminder: Key to happiness #3: Not caring too much about how your team does ETA:
Chief Joseph wrote:
It seemed that when the Hawks offense finally woke up, the defense was totally gassed from the heat and being on the field too long in this game as well as the previous two games.
I haven't seen the time of possession numbers but it sure seemed pretty lopsided. Playing lots of salary cap for talented D players makes good sense, best if you've got a talented O-line to support a ground game to eat up the clock. 'Hawks current O-line shows some athleticism, but that's not enough to establish a solid ground game. Notwithstanding the popular misnomer that O-line are not "skill players," blocking in the NFL requires great skill.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 pm 
I don`t think enough is being said about the 100 degree temp with humidity on the field. Both defenses were gassed in the 4th quarter. That said,the jury is still out for me on this team. Seems like a similar start to the last two years. Time will tell. However, Atlanta looks amazing; hard to imagine us beating them in the playoffs, especially if they get home field advantage...

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostTue Sep 26, 2017 12:10 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the futility of blowing oodles of salary cap by overpaying a talented (but nowhere near the value of his salary package) mobile QB but having a bargain basement O-line not protecting him? Titans O is an example of a mobile QB with a solid O-line.
That was the Seahawks the year they won the SB - many skill players were still on rookie contracts. The Seahawks are past that point now. Now you have to pay a premium for skilled veterans or basically start over. Is RW worth the big bucks? There are about 10 good starting QBs in the league, the rest are meh to blucko. Tough decision.
DIYSteve wrote:
'Hawks current O-line shows some athleticism, but that's not enough to establish a solid ground game. Notwithstanding the popular misnomer that O-line are not "skill players," blocking in the NFL requires great skill.
Seems the shortage of good O linemen is a league-wide problem. Watched a few minutes of MNF and saw the Cards right tackle get his lunch handed to him three straight plays - 3 and out. I've heard it said that the OL takes a couple years playing together to really gel. So I'm not expecting anything more from the 'Hawks than a repeat of last season, but hoping against the norm that the OL tightens up after playing together a few more games.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 pm 
borank wrote:
So I'm not expecting anything more from the 'Hawks than a repeat of last season, but hoping against the norm that the OL tightens up after playing together a few more games.
Me too. I'm hoping that they can tread water for the first half of the season - say win at home, lose on the road - but be serviceable by the second half to final third.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Sep 27, 2017 10:17 pm 
RandyHiker wrote:
The reason why the M's suck has nothing to do with salary*. *Or the fans, because they're the best. The culture here is great! What player wouldn't want to come here! Best best best!