Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Too stoned to descend from the summit? Call SAR!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 am 
Here is a story about celebrating a summit by getting too stoned to come down. There is probably a lesson in there somewhere.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 9:25 am 
Obviously that story is a complete falsehood. No way cannabis use could render four people incapable of walking. Never happened, never will. The agenda is made quite obvious in the link to the original story, people want to charge for rescues if they have moral outrage at the rescued persons.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 10:54 am 
HitTheTrail wrote:
There is probably a lesson in there somewhere.
yeah.... like "don't take everything you read on the interwebs seriously, especially if it's on a "fox news" website."

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 10:54 am 
This probably will not last long.

Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday

Tom_Sjolseth
Born Yesterday
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 11:06 am 
Ski wrote:
HitTheTrail wrote:
yeah.... like "don't take everything you read on the interwebs seriously, especially if it's on a "fox news" website."
Why especially FOX news? You probably didn't notice in your moment of FOX blindness, but they are just reporting what the police twitter feed said. FOX did not introduce any opinion. Do you think FOX posted fake twitter feeds? What did FOX do to this story that makes it unbelievable to you?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 11:10 am 
They should have just taken a group nap.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 1:56 pm 
Slugman wrote:
No way cannabis use could render four people incapable of walking.
I don't disagree that this is likely fake news, however at least with edibles I think that imobility is actually possible. I base this on my son's dog snarfing a cookie from my daughter's stash and observing the dog (A 115 lb Labrador ) tripping out in the kitchen un able to move. He would try to move one of his front paws occasionally, but couldn't seem to figure out how to move it or whether it was reaching the floor or something. The cookie contained four dosages-- so the poor dog was really tripping. Of course this makes the case that story is fake more credible, since operating a phone requires more coordination than standing and walking.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostSat Sep 30, 2017 3:44 pm 
So like I click on the link and it got me starting thinking Wait, what is this thread about? Like whoa bro, I love that song!

Alpendave

Alpendave
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 6:10 am 

trestle

trestle
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 6:10 am 
Given the level of idiocy combined with hypochondria throughout the world, I can easily believe the news story.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 8:14 am 
Ski wrote:
HitTheTrail wrote:
If you follow the sources backwards (which I did), you will end up in a search and rescue facebook page. If it is fake, the owners of the page certainly went to a great deal of trouble to fake it. I suspect it is real news after reading through the original site. If not, I guess I would have to join the unwashed rabble in thinking everything was fake unless I agreed with it. Our fire department's site, which is similar would be suspect, as would all the search and rescue sites. Just because you disagree does not mean it isn't real. That in itself is a real lesson that a lot of folks need to learn.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 8:45 am 
Tom Sjolseth wrote:
Why especially FOX news?
well... here's just a couple reasons: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_controversies to be fair, of course, it should be noted that other networks are not without fault: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/jan/29/punditfact-checks-cable-news-channels/ granted, the story itself is a bit bizarre, but in the larger picture no more bizarre than a lot of stuff that happens on a daily basis. so, yeah... based on their track record, I believe it is perfectly reasonable to completely dismiss out of hand anything coming from FOX. sorry if some of you have issues with that.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 9:15 am 
Russians.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 am 
LOL..

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
FiveNines

FiveNines
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 am 
Trust but verify.