Forum Index > Trip Reports > Seven Fingered Jack, Mount Maude 9/23/17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:20 am 
Cue wrote:
We were camped at upper Ice Lake and watching a few people descend the ridge of Maude, and likely saw you!
Yeah, we heard you guys down in the basin and then saw you (I assume) hiking up to the saddle west of Ice Lakes and south of Maude. Indeed it was a great day to be out in the mountains! Ice Lakes looks like a great place to camp. Might have to do the Carne high route with an overnight at Ice Lakes and Spectacle Buttes the next day. Sounds like it would make for a nice weekend!
silence wrote:
Can't believe you did both peaks in one day ... no wonder you bonked. It took us 2 just to get to Maude.
It's funny... so I mentioned I had already done seven fingered jack... Back in 2014 I had a weekend free and wanted to go somwhere for an overnight trip, somewhere that I couldn't possibly do in a day. So, I picked 7FJ and Maude (and ended up bailing on Maude). It's a 4 1/2 drive each way for me, and a long hike so I figured no way I could do this as a day trip, but three years later here I am doing both in a day. shakehead.gif embarassedlaugh.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message