Forum Index > Partners > Washington Alpine Club Wednesday Night Ski Lessons
Previous :: Next Topic  
RandyHiker
Snarky Member

RandyHiker
Snarky Member
PostTue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
2018 Telemark and Randonee Ski Class on Wednesday Nights!

Come join the oldest and largest telemark ski instruction program in the US. The program also has classes for Randonee / Alpine skiers. Enjoy a break from the city and develop your skills so you can ski the backcountry with more enjoyment.

This evening program helps you improve your ski descent skills during uncrowded weeknights. Classes are organized by ability level — so that your classmates are skiing at about the same level.

All levels between “never skied” and “advanced” are available.

Location: Summit West — just across the freeway from the WAC Cabin, Exit 52 off of I-90

Days/Dates: Wednesdays:  Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; Feb 7 2018.

Times: Lessons run from 7:30-9:30 PM

Lesson cost: $186

REMINDER:  The Deadline for Registration is December 1st 2017 for the Wednesday Night Ski Lesson Program. Prices go up by $50 at midnight on December 1st. 

Discounted season’s passes may also be purchased along with lessons prior to December 15th.

SEASONS PASS PRICE
UNL 16/17 With snow guarantee 19-61 $ 529
UNL 16/17 No Guar. $ 479
LTD 16/17 With snow guarantee 19-61 $ 419
LTD 16/17 No Guar. $ 379
Rental Season Pass $ 149 additional (Alpine only — no Telemark)
Slightly cheaper season pass prices for Young Adults (19-25) and Seniors (over 62-69)

UNL = All summit areas, all days
LTD = All summit areas, all days, except no Alpental on Sat/Sun

SNOW GUARANTEE:

100 days, guaranteed. If we don’t reach 100 days of operation you will be offered a discount toward the following season’s pass of 1% per day we fall short.

Also note that the Unimited and LTD passes also include non-holiday mid-week lift skiing at Mission Ridge.

Night lift tickets prices to be announced.  Last season they were  $42 per night — wild guess $45 per night this season.

To enroll:

Become a WAC member.

https://washingtonalpineclub.org/how-to-join

Email Randy Oakley @ SkiWeds@gmail.com for an enrollment link

Ski for fun on Thursdays.

New this season the Cabin will be open Wednesday nights and Randy Oakley will be staying over at the cabin and coordinating and participating in ski sessons on Thursdays during the day.   What happens will depend upon group interest and skills.  Inbounds lift skiing, exploring the Alpental side country and backcountry touring some options.   There is no fee for the Thursday sessons and one need not be enrolled in the Wednesday night classes to participate.   Avalanche safety knowledge, skills and equipment will be needed for side country and backcountry skiing.

More Info: Contact Randy Oakley @ SkiWeds@gmail.com
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
LichenHiking

LichenHiking
PostTue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hey Randy,

I can't decide between the Wednesday night class and the Backcountry Travel class. I have a few thoughts I've been mulling over and just want an opinion from someone who knows about WAC classes smile.gif

• I started skiing last year and by the end of the season felt good about skiing a mix of blue-black runs. I am confident on groomers - but not quite moguls or powder. I didn't run into much "powder" at Snoqualmie last year that would be good to practice in - so thinking backcountry might be better but don't want to hold up a class full of skiing pros with years of experience.

• I had ACL reconstruction in March. I am cleared to ski in December, but still not sure if that will make me a more timid skier that avoids things like moguls for the season.

• Last year I took the Wednesday night class as a complete newbie and learned so much because our class was only 2-3 people. Looked like the intermediate class was more like 12 people so I am wondering if it will be as useful with that ratio.

• Ideally I'd like to do both but looks like there is at least one conflicting day between classes.
Appreciate your guidance!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Partners > Washington Alpine Club Wednesday Night Ski Lessons
  Happy Birthday Flash Gordon, raz2sea!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: