Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Just noticed that my posts are still on Daylight Savings Time.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Nov 05, 2017 10:01 pm 
Hey, there. Does NW Hikers have an automatic time adjustment for Daylight Savings time? I just posted at 8:50 pm and the thread time stamp is 9:50 pm. Just a shout out if you all want to know. wink.gif Meanwhile I was startled this morning in the middle of the night to walk by my iPhone in the hallway and click on the Home button--only to find that the time was still PDST. Shocked, I tell you. I thought these things just took care of themselves. But later this morning when I got up I turned the phone off and re-booted it. Problem solved. But I seem to recall that it used to do it on its own. I still have the iPhone 5, so maybe I am too old-fashioned now. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Nov 05, 2017 10:23 pm 
I think I made it 4 months last time until someone noticed. Ideally nobody notices for 6 moths and problem solves itself!

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Nov 06, 2017 8:27 am 
Tom wrote:
I think I made it 4 months last time until someone noticed.
Aha! So from 4 months down to 7 hours. We're narrowing that gap significantly! haha ~z

Windstorm

Windstorm
PostMon Nov 06, 2017 11:16 am 
zephyr wrote:
Meanwhile I was startled this morning in the middle of the night to walk by my iPhone in the hallway and click on the Home button--only to find that the time was still PDST. Shocked, I tell you. I thought these things just took care of themselves. But later this morning when I got up I turned the phone off and re-booted it. Problem solved. But I seem to recall that it used to do it on its own. I still have the iPhone 5, so maybe I am too old-fashioned now. ~z.
This year for the first time, my alarms went off an hour early because my phone didn't reset either. Mine's a 7-year-old stupid phone and this is the first time I had to re-boot the phone to make it update. Every other time, it's done it on its own.