Forum Index > Trail Talk > Where are all the 2018 calendar photo submissions?
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSat Nov 11, 2017 11:26 am 
Am I just forgetting that they always come in last minute? It's always been fun to see the bounty that folks submit... Four more days until deadline! https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8025857

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Songs2

Songs2
PostSat Nov 11, 2017 5:21 pm 
I was pleased to see a bear show up among the October offerings. There are so many gorgeous mountain views, looking away from time to time -- at bears, 'shrooms, abandoned cars in meadows -- serves as a palate cleanser, allowing the viewer to return with zest to more gorgeous mountain views. Thanks to all who have submitted photos -- quite a bounty! and room for more!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostSat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm 
I'll try to submit some in the upcoming week. In previous years I waited a bit to see which months could use some more options. Last year there were definitely many submissions in the last 3 days!

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostSat Nov 11, 2017 10:43 pm 
Oh good, I was just getting ready to PM you, Martin. biggrin.gif The deadline is looming...Wednesday, November15th!

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm 
Kinda miss Angry Hiker's pit toilet photos. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
the Zachster

the Zachster
PostSun Nov 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
Quote:
Kinda miss Angry Hiker's pit toilet photos.
and alpenglow... hockeygrin.gif

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostSun Nov 12, 2017 4:54 pm 
We really need more for March, which has only one submission, and February which has only two. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute this year. I don't think you want my family photos.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
grannyhiker

grannyhiker
PostMon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am 
Hooray! There are lots more photos today, including in the almost blank months!

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.--E.Abbey
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostWed Nov 15, 2017 12:46 pm 
The contest submissions started out a little slow as usual, but we now have a lovely array of photos from some very talented NWHikers, including some first-time contestants this year! The deadline is midnight tonight, November 15. If you haven't contributed yet, get yours in by then!

ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostWed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 pm 
I used to enter lots of pictures but pretty much quit when year after year after year mine did not get voted for. smile.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 am 
Still have to set up the polls so will leave submissions open tonight to give time to review. Polls will open around noon.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 am 
Having some IT issues setting up the voting. Submissions swill stay open for 1 more day.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Nov 16, 2017 12:27 pm 
A lot of the newer submissions pushed the older ones down. frown.gif

mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostThu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 pm 
Cyclopath, not sure what you meant precisely, but for the voting the photos are shown in random order for every visit, so it doesn't matter in what order they are entered.