Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > DON'T RIP Charles Manson 1934-2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm 
Okay, now HERE'S a guy who most people would probably agree deserves to be trash-talked after his death. So have at it, folks! up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Nov 19, 2017 11:25 pm 
He won't be missed down.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 am 
Somewhere on the scramble to my moral high ground is the belief that we should all leave this Earth a little better than what we found. Manson didn't even make it to the trailhead. Tom

trestle

trestle
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 am 
In long-standing tradition, not only am I going to poke the deceased, I'm going to find fault with the OP: why should we hope he rests in peace? That murderer can burn for eternity.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am 
okay... fixed it.... happy now?

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am 
tmatlack wrote:
Manson didn't even make it to the trailhead.
Not only that, he didn't even make it out the back door on the way TO the trailhead! However, I'll let God worry about that.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm 
There is a semi-credible story that Manson squatted in the old Goldmyer Hot Springs cabin for a while. Short version is one of the owner's family (this was before the transfer to NWWP) threatened him with a shotgun to get out of there. He did, but only after burning the place down. The current caretaker cabin was built as a replacement.

Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 5:03 pm 
We happened to visit the Barker Ranch in a remote part of Death Valley Natl Park about a week ago. Manson was captured there, where he was waiting for the race wars to start and he'd save the day. The house foundation and walls are there, but the flammable part burned down in 2009. We hiked there from Butte Valley, because our car could not handle the high clearance rock garden of a road near Mengels Pass. The Ranch:
The bathroom. Manson was found in the sink cabinet. You can see the outline on the wall.
Pano of the house and environs.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 am 
Ha!! Well done Ski...

ree

ree
PostTue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am 
Who was that crazy chick who wanted to marry him a few years back? I remember seeing his follower hippie chix sitting out in front of the courthouse during his trial, with their little crosses tatted on their foreheads, when I was a kid. My dad worked across the street from the courthouse. Barker Ranch was pretty eerie.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 am 
His followers used to shop at the Safeway in Ridgecrest in the mid 70's with the crosses cut into their foreheads. eek.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostTue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 pm 
Puzzlr, I had not heard about Manson in Washington State. Fortunately, I've mostly avoided his whole story, but I just looked at his life timeline and found he was sent from California to federal prison in Washington State and eventually released on March 21, 1967. He then met and picked up his first cult member in April in Berkley, California. It doesn't seem like he ever returned to Washington with his "family." Was the fire in March or April 1967? Was he back in Washington another time before his ultimate arrest?

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostTue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
The book Helter Skelter, written by Bugliosi, the prosecutor, as I recall, gave a pretty good telling of the crimes.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostThu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am 
Bernardo -- I heard the story in a noisy bar, didn't get any dates. I don't know exactly when the old cabin burned down, but it was in the early 70s. That was a dark period in the history of Goldmyer with the road open and in good shape and no controls on number of visitors or what they did there. Heaps of trash and bottles accumulated. In 1976 NWWP was formed to take over the property and the transfer was completed by March 1978. The current cabin was built in 1984 and 1985. I've never read anything about Manson and I've never bothered to try to chase this story down. Maybe someday ...