Forum Index > Trip Reports > It's beginning to look a lot like Winter! (Olympics) 11/18/17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
seekapeak

seekapeak
PostSun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 am 
Grabbed the snowshoes and headed up Mount Rose to check out conditions. At the summit probably 5 or 6 feet of snow. Definitely would not have made it without our snowshoes since we were the first to plow through. Most of the deeper snow was above 3500 feet. This week high snow levels and heavy rain coming so probably a big difference by next weekend. Still saw a few people heading up in tennis shoes - good luck to them smile.gif Love love the snow, our favorite time of the year. Be safe out there this season everyone. Short plowing video: https://www.flickr.com/photos/weflybye/26732765759/in/album-72157662772814748/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MRGurley

MRGurley
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 9:40 am 
Thanks for breaking trail! I got a late start on Saturday (11:30) but was able to make it to the top by 1:30. No snowshoes, but was able to scoot along in the packed snow from everyone ahead of me.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 pm 
Nice to see a trip report from you two! I looked at the video and noticed that the snow didn't seem to be sticking to your snowshoes like it did for us on Johnson Ridge. Fun times, though!

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 pm 
why am I not surprised to see this trip report from the two of you! breaking trail is a back breaking activity! I was tired thinking about it! awesome! thanks for sharing!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
seekapeak

seekapeak
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 am 
MRGurley wrote:
Thanks for breaking trail! I got a late start on Saturday (11:30) but was able to make it to the top by 1:30. No snowshoes, but was able to scoot along in the packed snow from everyone ahead of me.
Glad you got to visit our neck of the woods!

seekapeak

seekapeak
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 am 
bobbi wrote:
why am I not surprised to see this trip report from the two of you! breaking trail is a back breaking activity! I was tired thinking about it! awesome! thanks for sharing!
Hey bobbi! How is life treating you!? Have fun in the snow!

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
life is fantabulous...I've been enjoying spending time with my grandson, Jett! happy thanksgiving!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss