Forum Index > Partners > 4 Day Olympic Penninsula orbit: bike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostTue Nov 28, 2017 12:58 pm 
I'm contemplating a bike orbit of the Olympic Penninsula this winter/spring, perhaps @March-April when the days are a little longer. Possible itinerary: Bainbridge Ferry Terminal to Lake Crescent (100 miles/4900'), Lake Crescent to Quinault (103 miles/2700'), Quinault to Shelton area (@95 miles/2200'), then via 101 back to Bainbridge (62 miles/2000'). I plan on staying at Hotels/Lodges, not camping. Just glancing at this looks like about 360 miles and over 11,000' of climb. I haven't actually planned anything yet, tho. This would be a lot easier in the summer but summers are busy overall; looks like a good winter ride. I assumed I would be solo but just throwing it out there if anyone else was interested.

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jdk610

jdk610
PostWed Nov 29, 2017 7:05 am 
Sounds fun! Not interested in joining you, just cheering you on. smile.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Feb 03, 2018 11:10 am 
are you riding a road or off road bicycle? here's a map of the Olympic Discovery Trail...some sections completed, some not https://olympicdiscoverytrail.org/explore/interactive-map/ hubby Mark and I are the trail maintainers at the Morse Creek Trestle Bridge and Garden!! it's about 4.5 miles to downtown Port Angeles. alternative route https://olympicdiscoverytrail.org/explore/olympic-adventure-route/ Ride with GPS You’ll find Ride with GPS tracks here on our site at Explore/Trail Segments. Look to the right, in the side-menu. facebook https://www.facebook.com/OlympicDiscoveryTrail/ PM me when you have dates set!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostWed Apr 11, 2018 3:27 pm 
These plans are firmed up: Day 1 (Apr22): Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal to Port Angeles-78 miles/3600' Day 2 (Apr 23): Port Angeles to Kalaloch Lodge-96 miles/3200' Day 3 (Apr 24): Kalaloch Lodge to Shelton-107 miles/2900' Day 4 (Apr 25): Shelton to Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal-72 miles/2700' I have one firm partner for the entire route, with perhaps a few more joining on the first two days. We are staying in lodging, not camping, each night. If anyone would like to join on any part of the ride, we'd be glad to draft off you! Total for planned ride: 365 miles/12,500' of climb I live 12 miles from the Seattle Ferry Terminal, so my totals will be 389/14,100' of climb. These stats point to a rather mellow trip. We have to carry all our gear for self supported: Med kit, repair, spares, foul weather gear etc plus civy clothing for sleeping and dining; appropriate attire for sipping martinis, etc. NOTE: my buddy is on a road bike, I will be using my Salsa. Bobbi, see if you can join us in Port Angeles for a bubbly!

RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostThu Apr 12, 2018 5:00 pm 
williswall wrote:
Day 1 (Apr22): Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal to Port Angeles-78 miles/3600'
Hey, if I am in town I might come join you and buy you a drink if yer up for it. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostThu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm 
RumiDude wrote:
williswall wrote:
Day 1 (Apr22): Bainbridge Island Ferry Terminal to Port Angeles-78 miles/3600'
Hey, if I am in town I might come join you and buy you a drink if yer up for it. Rumi
Olympic Lodge, PA. Would be great to meet you! Steve