Forum Index > Partners > winter hiking partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
winterwildcatlake

winterwildcatlake
PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 pm 
Hey, I'm a guy, early 30s, in Seattle. I don't have an excellent snow car but can drive some places. I am hoping to find a hiking/climbing partner(s) interested in doing some winter day hikes/snowshoeing/scrambling/trail running. Goal is moderate to strenuous, in support of mountaineering ambitions next summer and getting to see Cascades this winter. I am an athlete with little technical experience but lots of alpine hiking/winter camping experience. I have hiked every 3rd weekend since May. Weeknight Tiger 1/Mailbox Peak or weekend day trips of interest to anyone?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Fworgum
Forest

Fworgum
Forest
PostThu Nov 30, 2017 7:46 pm 
I am in my late thirties, an I have been looking for hiking partner. I have been thinking about starting snowshoeing, but I probably would want a partner. If you are interested in chatting, just PM me.

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking

EastKing
Surfing and Hiking
PostMon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 pm 
One thing that has worked for me in recent years is www.meetup.com. There are a number of really cool groups there.

YouTube | SummitPost Saw the depths of despair. Now I am salvaging what time I have left on Earth.
wildcat

wildcat
PostTue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 am 
Hey EastKing, thanks. That's an excellent recommendation. I've actually done a lot of SOA hikes, etc. just looking to take the next logical step in terms of difficulty toward taller goals - Meetup must stay within a less advanced level of risk. I totally appreciate that and continue to enjoy those friends I'm just itching for the next step in adventure for me. smile.gif any interest to join me in training?