Forum Index > Trip Reports > CNF HP, 10.15.17
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm 
Though this hike is 6 wks. old now, better late than never! Yep, I'm way behind on trip reports. I think I have 6 more to write after this, lol. embarassedlaugh.gif This peak is the high point of the Cleveland Natl. Forest. I'd done a trip to scope out the area on 9/2, then brought my peeps there on 10/15 to bag the summit. We started from Burnt Rancheria CG, where there is a $5 fee to park in the day use lot. From there we walked on the Desert View Nature Trail through the CG in order to hook up w/the PCT.
From there we headed south, enjoying the fall colors @ this higher elevation.
Despite being fall, there were still some plants blooming.
Cairn
Cairn
I kept an eye on the GPS, & turned upslope & off-trail where I had marked a waypoint from the previous time I was there. We worked our way up, floundered temporarily when we encountered some thick brush, but eventually found our way to the peak. cool.gif up.gif
Summit register
Summit register
It was a nice day & the 3 of us found ourselves to be the only ones on this obscure peak. smile.gif After a leisurely rest we headed back down the way we came.
Stats
Stats
Post-hike margs
Post-hike margs

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message