Forum Index > Trip Reports > Envy 5988 (southwest of Green Mt. lookout) 12/2/2017
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 am 
It was the annual birthday weekend time.... However, timing was on my side...many people sick or had other commitments. Went out with Dave C., and Julian S. and we were to meet up with Don and Natala G. We were able to drive to 3100 feet on the Green Mt. road--with not much snow on the road...but Don and Natala had driven prior in their 4WD Honda Pilot to the Green Mt. trailhead due to snow accumulation. Dave and Julian and I walked for about 30 minutes on the road to the trailhead. From here we walked in the footsteps of Don and Natala and finally met them around 4800 feet. At this point Don could go no more due to the angle we were going up due to ankle problems and Natala was happy with the current standing. Natala and I share the same birthday in December. We said our happy birthdays and they passed out the blueberry muffins! Somewhat windy...and snow was knee deep! It took us another 1.5 hours or 2 hours to get Dave and Julian to the top from here. Snowing very lightly almost most of the day. Unconsolidated snow on top of bushes about always knee depth. At some point we did put on the snowshoes and they did help for some areas on the way up. The top was blowing full of light powdery snow. We barely could see Green Mt. lookout. A happy birthday song occurred and we left. 4 hours up. We took a different way down and took just over 2 hours down. It was more of a directissima way day and not really recommended...maybe the trail was better. Upon reaching the car, I was surprised to find birthday signs and a 6 pack of great beer! Thanks to the Goodmans!!!

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
iron

iron
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 1:06 pm 
quite the birthday card they slathered on your window!

raising3hikers

raising3hikers
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 4:11 pm 
looks like a good time! sorry I had to miss it. very surprised you guys were able to drive the road that far. very nice late season trip up.gif

Eric Eames