Forum Index > Gear Talk > More Costco stuff
Previous :: Next Topic  
pcg

pcg
PostFri May 05, 2017 9:28 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
After leaving such a scathing post re. my dissatisfaction with the Costco throws, I was admonished by others to give them time to loft and the re-evaluate. I waited several days and also ran then through a 30 min low heat cycle on the dryer. As a result...

(sigh) I am now forced by my own conscience to lower my contrite head and issue an online apology to Costco for my hasty and ill-considered post. They are indeed the good deal that others have claimed. Somehow my expectations were for much more loft. Those were unreasonable expectations for a $20 throw. They are very lightweight, fairly warm, and come with great stuff sacks. I'm very happy and will be using mine in my camper.  frown.gif  redface.gif  smile.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 am 
Costco has "Tornado" btand bear spray in a large can for $25.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
reststep

reststep
PostSun Jul 30, 2017 8:33 pm 
Imuraya mochi ice cream  Item number 1009700

A Japanese dessert consisting of mochi (sweet rice cake) on the outside and ice cream on the inside.

Yummy

--------------
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Sep 04, 2017 6:59 pm 
If you have Costco poles you may have noticed that the tips do not last very well. I had a pair lose the metal tips on Sierra granite. In Bishop I found that Black Diamond points fit them well and cost only$10 a pair. As a bonus the carbide tips are replaceable and screw in. REI does not sell the tips or points here but they are available online.

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostTue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 am 
I was at the Costco in Woodinville yesterday, and there was a rep for Klymit selling pads and sleeping bags on sale. I picked up a 23" x 72" x 2.5" insulated "Static V" pad for $50. I was hemming and hawwing about buying yet another pad, but I've read great reports on these pads, plus the rep assured me that the Costco warranty still applies, so if I have buyers-remorse, I can return it for a refund. Now that I see there is a lighter weight "V2" model, I may do just that!
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Gear Talk > More Costco stuff
  Happy Birthday payton, arcticlights69!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: