Forum Index > Trail Talk > 2017 Calendar Social / Homeless Gear Drive / Calendar Contest
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki

wiki
PostSun Oct 22, 2017 10:04 am 
I am planning to attend: Tom, Nancyann (2, almond apple cake, paper plates, cups, utensils), RichP, JimK, Damian (baked beans), GranolaGirl (maybe), Schroder, Pyrites (main dish), BarbE (main dish-Lasagne) marydave(2 - green salad). snowdog, joker, Scrooge and Larch (spaghetti, again (I hope), Snuffy (appetizer), Hiker Mama (chili and maybe dessert), Radka & Chris (apple strudel), Ski (pie), RockShadow (salad-probably warm potato salad), Kenji (3, rice dish+); Cascadetraverser (2, sandwiches), Triciaann (dessert), Ancient Ambler (appetizer), raising3hikers (appetizer), Hanzsek (appetizer - chicken satay), You can order a calendar here from mixbook. If you just want 1 calendar use coupon code REFER2017 to get the cost down to $10.98 (11x8.5" calendar) or $22.98 (14x11" calendar) via budget shipping (upgrade shipping if you need it by Christmas). Reserved a 2018 Calendar for pickup at the social: 11x8.5: Schroder (tbd) 14x11": Cascadetraverser (tbd) Social: Friday, Dec 8, 7-10 PM at www.maltbyclub.org (map) The homeless gear drive is completely optional. The need is for used packs, sleeping bags, tents, tarps, ground pads, and coats. If you have used boots, bring em along- we'll find a home for them. You can bring these things to the social, or contact Damian or Kim Brown by PM and we'll arrange to pick these things up. Receipts will be available but will require an email exchange w/Facing Homelessness. If you have questions about Facing Homelessness Seattle you can check them out on the web, or feel free to contact Damian. In addition to helping out with some basic needs they are very involved in sustainable solutions to Seattle's homeless problem especially housing.

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:06 am (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 3:00 am 
The primary has closed with the finalists revealed. Please re-vote for your favorite finalist in each category by Monday, Nov 27. Primary Results (Votes for First, Second, Third) Cover (28, 16, 15) Race for second January (29, 22) Too close to call February (34, 18, 17) Race for second March (29, 18, 15) Race for second April (26, 12) Decided May (22, 17) Too close to call June (15, 15) Dead heat July (15, 11, 9) Too close to call August (12, 10, 10) Dead heat September (21, 8, 8) Race for second October (12, 11, 9) Larches on the ropes? November (13, 13, 12) Dead heat December (25, 17, 13) Too close to call?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 am 
Who owns this image? One of the August contributions. Fantastic!!! If you are viewing from a small device, you may not be able to recognize the large school of spawning salmon ( Coho I believe ) Anyway, a shout-out to the photographer https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1110697#&pid=35981447660

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
GranolaGirl

GranolaGirl
PostWed Nov 22, 2017 9:18 pm 
Hello everyone! I will definitely come out for the social!! I hope to see all you there!! Sorry I have been out of the loop for so long! I have ben posting on the Washington Hikers and Climbers Facebook page with the hashtag #grownasswoman lol.gif Can't wait to meet you all! Lets bring a bunch of gear! smile.gif YAYYYYY

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 28, 2017 12:28 am 
1/2 hour left to vote in the finals. Your vote can make a difference in some months... February 2nd place is a tie June is a tie July is separated by 1 vote August is separated by 2 votes

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Nov 28, 2017 2:34 am 
Polls have closed and the top 2 in each category are now revealed (in random order). Who will win? Come to the calendar social and find out. If your photo is in the top 2 please email a full size version to admin@nwhikers.net along with desired caption and photo credit. No watermarks please!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Nov 29, 2017 12:01 am 
Tom I want two calendars. How much and where do I send the check? PM me please with info. For those who are still uncertain whether or not they are attending the social, I will be there with pie. You now have no excuse for not showing up.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Nov 29, 2017 5:29 pm 
I had to drop out. I will be in Tennessee for a family emergency. There's no way for me to reschedule or else I would be there for sure. Have fun!

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 pm 
Pulled together the calendar last night and placed an order. They should be here just in time for the social. I only counted ~25 attending so far per the wiki so ordered 25 (10 large and 15 medium). Price at the social will be $20 for the 14x11 and $15 for the 11x8.5. RSVP in wiki for pickup at the social. After the winners are revealed at the social I'll post the link to order direct from mixbook.

Waterman

Waterman
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am 
If I read this correctly, 25 will go to those who attend the social. The other 15 will be up for grabs?

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 03, 2017 7:43 pm 
No, I only ordered 25 for the social. I threw in 2 more that I also ordered for myself. So 27 total available at the social. If you don't reserve one of them you will need to order direct from mixbook after the social. There are still 6 medium and 2 large calendars that haven't yet been reserved for pickup. If anyone is not coming to the social and/or wants to order online in advance let me know. Cost is roughly $5 higher per calendar due to shipping.

mbravenboer

mbravenboer
PostWed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm 
I entered myself as 'hopefully' because my wife and I both started new jobs in December, and I was expecting conflicts with work obligations. I learned this week that I can't go, sorry about that. I was looking forward to seeing people again and meeting some new friends. I hope you all have fun! I'll certainly order a calendar once the link is up.

DadFly

DadFly
PostFri Dec 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
My wife and I will attend.

"May you live in interesting times"
Michael Lewis
Taking a nap

Michael Lewis
Taking a nap
PostFri Dec 08, 2017 7:31 pm 
I managed to go all year without getting sick and woke up with a sore throat. thought I'd see how it progressed with water, rest etc. and it got worse to a cough. frown.gif It wouldn't be fair to get y'all sick. I'll try to contact Damian sometime this week for the homeless drive.

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostFri Dec 08, 2017 7:59 pm 
I'm not going to be able to make it to the social. Hope to see you all in some other places.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 08, 2017 9:31 pm