Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
trestle

trestle
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 8:41 am 
Where do you find the coverage now that they're off of the PAC12 Network?

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 12:25 pm 
trestle wrote:
ESPNU carried every match on Friday and Saturday. I think they'll have the semifinals and championship match as well next weekend.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 10, 2017 12:26 pm 
Penn St. swept Michigan St. but it was fairly tightly contested. Stanford swept Texas fairly easily. I'm hoping Penn St. and Nebraska wear each other out and Stanford cruises to another Championship.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 am 
trestle wrote:
Semifinals on Thursday on ESPN. Penn St.-Nebraska at 4 pm, Stanford-Florida will be approx. 6 pm, but depends on how long the first match lasts.

trestle

trestle
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 6:48 am 
Thanks for the update! These games are bound to be better viewing than the other Thursday night sports product.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm 
I wasn't very interested in first match, but ended up tuning in starting w/ the 3rd set. Entertaining, back and forth, high level of play. Nebraska won 3-2. They've beaten Penn St. 7 straight matches (most of which have been 5 setters), that's hard to believe.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 pm 
Stanford dug themselves into a 0-2 hole, battled back to force a 5th set, and then just played awful in the 5th. Nebraska vs. Florida for the Championship. I don't think I'm interested enough to watch the final.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 16, 2017 11:31 pm 
I only watched a few minutes. Not surprisingly Nebraska beat Florida 3-1. That's a wrap on this volleyball season. Mick Haley is calling it a career as USC's coach. Dunning and Haley retiring in back to back years. That changes the complexion of the Pac 12 quite a bit. edited--Haley was forced out at USC by the AD

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Aug 23, 2018 4:16 pm 
Hard to believe, but a new season is starting. UW opens hosting San Diego on Friday at 7 pm, play them again on Saturday. The Toreros are usually a really solid team, I don't know about their outlook for this season. Start of a new era for UW. Lost a bunch of Seniors from last year's team. A few veterans return but they'll need some contributions from some of their Freshmen right away.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm 
I often get frustrated with streaming sporting events but this is nice quality from Pac 12 Network. http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=bbb516d91daee20498798694a42dd559&u=http%3A//pac-12.com/live/university-washington Dawgs looked bad when I first turned it on but now they've rallied. Only 1 Fr. on the floor so far. Running a 5-1, not doing a platoon with 2 setters.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 25, 2018 7:09 pm 
Just getting going in the rematch. Here's a link for streaming if anyone is interested. http://pac-12.com/live/university-washington I watched off and on last night. Huskies looked a bit ragged, plenty to work on. They dropped the first set but came back to win 3-1. Have a true freshman setter starting, so she'll have some growing pains. Bajema had a big night after a slow start, she should be one of if not their best hitter this season.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Aug 25, 2018 8:34 pm 
Dawgs looked much sharper tonight. USD put up a good fight in game 2 but UW cruised in 1st and 3rd, got the sweep! That's an encouraging start to the season.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 5:51 pm 
I won't necessarily update this weekly, UW will play some cannon fodder in non-conference. But this weekend they are hosting the Pac 12-Big 10 Challenge. 2 teams from each conference, everybody plays 2 games. Colorado and Illinois are squaring off right now, game is on Pac 12 Network. Huskies play Iowa at 8 pm, also on P12N. Tomorrow UW gets Illinois. The Illini ended UW's season last year, little chance at revenge. Huskies usually have a hard time getting decent non-conference opponents to come to Seattle. They already had the pair of matches against a ranked San Diego team and Illinois is currently #11 in the polls.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Aug 31, 2018 10:12 pm 
UW got outhit and outblocked but somehow managed to win 3-1. I guess Iowa had a bunch of service errors. I only watched part of set 1 and 2. Gonna take a better effort tomorrow or Illinois will thump them. Iowa always finishes in the bottom half of the Big 10.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 pm 
Didn't see it, but Illinois beat UW 3-1 last night. First 2 sets weren't close. After that the Huskies took the third and pushed the Illini in the 4th. Blocking has traditionally been a strength for the UW program but it appears that aspect of the game is very much a work in progress so far this year. Next weekend they play in a tournament hosted by Pittsburgh. Pitt is routinely a post season team, as is their first opponent Dayton. UW gets dinged in the seeding for strength of schedule because of their non-conference opponents often, but it seems like they are playing tough competition this year.