Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UFO's and Pentagon research. Video of encounter off Baja Callifornia.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 10:17 am 
MtnGoat published this yesterday in the YouTube thread. (Thanks.) I am reposting in a new thread since this conversation could become a massive thread drift. Plus it's worth its own topic.
MtnGoat wrote:
weird
Yep. If indeed that video is not a hoax then that object looks a little unworldly. Then there's this interesting article in the L.A. Times today. There are excerpts from an interview with U.S. Navy pilot, Cmdr. David Fravor who witnessed that UFO on the day the video above was shot. Quote: The encounter Fravor described was analyzed by the recent Defense Department program, he said, but its most significant questions — the nature of the object and what it was doing — have also remained unanswered. Fravor says he is certain about one thing: “It was a real object, it exists and I saw it,” he said in a phone interview on Monday, as he described the sighting, on Nov. 14, 2004. Asked what he believes it was, 13 years later, he was unequivocal. “Something not from the Earth,” he said. ... Quote: An order came in for him to suspend the exercise and do some “real-world tasking,” about 60 miles west of their location, Fravor said. He said he was told by the command that there were some unidentified flying objects descending from 80,000 feet to 20,000 feet and disappearing; he said officials told him they had been tracking a couple dozen of these objects for a few weeks. When they arrived closer to the point, they saw the object, flying around a patch of white water in the ocean below. “A white Tic Tac, about the same size as a Hornet, 40 feet long with no wings,” Fravor described. “Just hanging close to the water.” The object created no rotor wash — the visible air turbulence left by the blades of a helicopter — he said, and began to mirror the pilots as they pursued it, before it vanished. “As I get closer, as my nose is starting to pull back up, it accelerates and it’s gone,” he said. “Faster than I’d ever seen anything in my life. We turn around, say let’s go see what’s in the water and there’s nothing. Just blue water.” Fravor returned to the ship. Another crew went out and made that video of their encounter. ~z (20 Oct 2019) Note: Down thread, I posted the actual video that goes with Cdr. Fravor's story. His event occurred off Ensenada, Mexico in 2004. The above video was of an event in 2015 off the East coast. Sorry for the confusion. I realized this after watching an interview with the pilot (video on page 2).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 am 
I look forward to seeing more of this type of footage from pilots.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 11:31 am 
Questions, questions... Where's the 'mother ship'; how did it approach Earth without being picked up, or was it...? How could 'Command' track the objects from 80,000ft to 20,000ft but not outside that range? ...for starters. I'm skeptical. confused.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
They are UFO's if they were shown to be alien they would be IFO's. wink.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm 
This is definitely the most convincing evidence I've ever seen - that it was convincing enough to senators and the pentagon to get $22 million dollars in research funding definitely adds credibility. I'm always torn when it comes to UFO sightings - part of me wants to go "holy cow, ALIENS!!!" while another part is very skeptical indeed.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
pcg

pcg
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 6:57 pm 
This appears to me to be a spec of dust or some foreign object on the sensor or camera lens.

neek

neek
PostTue Dec 19, 2017 8:23 pm 
pcg wrote:
This appears to me to be a spec of dust or some foreign object on the sensor or camera lens.
Yeah. Compared to some of the conspiracy theories and alternative realities floating around right now, the UFO fetish seems fairly benign. Anyway don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostThu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 pm 
Maybe Giorgio Tsoukalos was right all along!

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Dec 22, 2017 2:35 am 
Carl Sagan or some other skeptic... "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." Photography doesn't cut it anymore and eyewitnesses are equally unreliable as scientific evidence. Tom

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSun May 27, 2018 8:20 am 
New report reveals even more freaky details about the UFO that shocked the US Navy interesting 13 page PDF of supposed military details

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun May 27, 2018 10:09 am 
Thanks, MtnGoat. All this is interesting to read, but the journalism seems not quite professional. I read the article and skimmed through the PDF. I have never heard of BGR. Per Wikipedia it’s a “…technology-influenced website that covers topics ranging from consumer gadgets, to entertainment, gaming, and science.” The BGR article cites a “local news team from Las Vegas” and yet they don’t provide links or the name of the news organization. The 13 page “report” is stripped of identifying information and there is no title or organizational attributes. BGR’s sloppy presentation causes me to doubt the integrity of the “report”. This Wikipedia article on the incident (USS Nimitz UFO incident) has several refutations since the original video came out. Plus this article itself has been edited since last month. See Mongo's comment below. I am altering my original comment on the wikipedia article. ~z

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun May 27, 2018 11:35 am 

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Mongo

Mongo
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 pm 
the wikipedia article referenced does not have these quotes: "Quote: One aspect not readily disclosed by reports of the incident, is that a navy report stated that during the alleged time of the incident, the Nimitz had not actually been out of port, as "virtual exercises" were taking place.[14]" Further contradicting the validity of the incident, a Navy report states that the Nimitz carrier group did not sail together until nearly a week after the alleged incident took place.[15] Scroll down the page to Further Refutations and Critical Analysis. Those last five paragraphs are worth reading."

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 7:01 pm 
Mongo wrote:
the wikipedia article referenced does not have these quotes:
Yes, you're correct. The article appears to have been edited. I'll make a note of it. Thanks. ~z

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostTue Jun 19, 2018 12:05 pm 
pcg wrote:
I've never seen sensor dust or crap on a lens rotate or wobble around as whatever that was did on the video. I assume that those lines around the center point are fixed relative to the sensor and lens. Maybe a tiny insect on the sensor or lens could do that (though if on the lens it would probably be a lot more blurred than that) but I'm at least as skeptical of that answer as I am about alien visitors.