Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Dec 27, 2017 6:34 pm 
Eric Willhite wrote:
Route taken
Route taken
I take it the yellow circle is the old look out site position? So does the 6 mile stats not include the true summit? Thanks for the update.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Nancyann

Nancyann
PostWed Dec 27, 2017 6:46 pm 
Nice video, Eric, and thanks for providing the photo of the old lookout. Coincidentally, my latest TR in "lazy trip reports" is also for Blue Mountain, accessed from a target shooting area near Olney Pass. If you don't mind a stray bullet or two, you get some amazing views from that end of Blue Mountain. biggrin.gif
Blue Mountain views 12/23/17
Blue Mountain views 12/23/17

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostThu Dec 28, 2017 8:08 am 
How was the logging truck activity? There are very active up there and not too happy to see hikers when they have big trucks on the road. There is going to be a lot more new logging in the general area within the next few months. The snow does a good job of covering the logging debris for the last mile. We saw your bicycle tracks and that you switched to walking at mile 5 where the snow started.

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostThu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 am 
RolyPoly wrote:"There is going to be a lot more logging in the general area within the next few months." Yes, there is a huge amount of scalping going on, not much is going to be left of Blue Mountain. The snow covers up the ugly scars in the winter, thankfully. Did you see the dirt bikers on Saturday, RolyPoly?

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostThu Dec 28, 2017 11:35 pm 
Very swell video. The music was particularly soothing. That and the framing made it a fun experience. Yes, the car scene was creepy. The dream turned a bit nightmarish. I liked the transitions from bicycling to hiking to snowshoeing. Very nice. ~z

Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostFri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 am 
Nancyann, we saw the dirt bikers. We must have been there the same day! I have a new destination I'll be posting a lot about. It has a fabulous view down to highway 2 traffic.😊

Nancyann

Nancyann
PostFri Dec 29, 2017 10:01 am 
We just found out that Weyerhouser recently purchased much of the area north of Kellogg Lake. It will be interesting to see how they go about managing it and hopefully not sell it to a developer. Also, I forgot to mention that the ski and winter sports traffic on Highway 2 has been utterly horrendous lately, particularly on the weekends. Sunday after 11:30 am the traffic starts to gridlock. Anyone thinking about hiking in the basin would be advised to try a mid-week day when you only have to deal with logging trucks barreling down the road. agree.gif