Forum Index > Trip Reports > Saddle Rock Ridge via Jacobsen Preserve (Wenatchee)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostFri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 am 
Quick hike with Hannah and her boyfriend Carl, we didn't start until early afternoon due to the overcast, temps in the lower teens, and light wind so it was a heat generating fast paced trip with a very short hot tea break. Any exercise is helpful this time of year. Maybe 4 -6 " of snow at most, the trail was pounded from previous traffic so we had to get lost on certain segments. Always good to get out with Hannah who just finished a week long course in winter camping and back-country skiing. 6 mi, 1500'. As a dad I will take what I can get. They had to make a long drive back to Pullman, I hit the Pub. cheers.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
HitTheTrail

HitTheTrail
PostFri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm 
Hey watch it! That's my private trail! But always an acceptable local option. up.gif Good you had Hannah home for the holidays. Speaking of NWhikers getting out with family...my wife and I were up in Leavenworth last week having lunch with our daughter and son-in-law and happened to sit down right next to Bryan K and his wife, kiddo, and mother-in-law. They were staying up there for a few days. He said he recalled the awful night the three of us spent up at Fern Lake with hot humidity, no hint of a breeze and clouds of mosquitoes (and poor ol Bryan in a confined bivy).

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSat Dec 30, 2017 10:01 am 
HitTheTrail wrote:
Hey watch it! That's my private trail! But always an acceptable local option. up.gif Good you had Hannah home for the holidays.
I always liked that area which can be peaceful yet so close to home (excluding the small arms fire up #2). The original plan was for a large loop but Someone didn't pack enough layers and thought it was too cold. The HMG 2400 made for a nice sit pad. winksmile.gif

Living in the Anthropocene