Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
Fantastic shot!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Jan 05, 2018 5:49 pm 
GaliWalker wrote:
Fantastic shot!
Thanks!

D. Inscho
Not bored yet...

D. Inscho
Not bored yet...
PostTue Jan 09, 2018 7:29 am 
Plenty of inspirational stuff here. Gali sets the standard right from the start redface.gif

http://david-inscho.smugmug.com/ The key to a successful trip is to do the planning during work hours. -- John Muir “My most memorable hikes can be classified as 'Shortcuts that Backfired'.” --Ed Abbey
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm 
This is always so hard for me. I have no idea what my "best" three photos are, it's so subjective. So with that in mind here are three of my personal favorite of my photos from 2017:
Sunrise from West Granite Mountain
Sunrise from West Granite Mountain
Sunset from the summit of Glacier Peak
Sunset from the summit of Glacier Peak
Sunrise from Trappers Peak
Sunrise from Trappers Peak

D. Inscho
Not bored yet...

D. Inscho
Not bored yet...
PostFri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm 
Outstanding awilsondc! On a drive back from a stay at Doe Bay in January, Jamie was kind enough to let me chase this shot.
This scene captured my attention on our way from the Island ferry.  Finding the right vantage took some time, but Fidalgo Bay Rd. lined everything up without power lines intruding on the image.
This scene captured my attention on our way from the Island ferry. Finding the right vantage took some time, but Fidalgo Bay Rd. lined everything up without power lines intruding on the image.
There is not much darkness to work with in late June but I manage to rouse myself from the bag for this shot. From Winchester Mountain summit.
A 2a shot to capture the elusive darkness of summertime in the NW corner of Washington state.
A 2a shot to capture the elusive darkness of summertime in the NW corner of Washington state.
This is from Ptarmigan ridge area on a quick overnight in October. The weather window slammed shut faster than predicted but managed this shot when the sun peeped through at sunset.
Clearing skies around sunset.
Clearing skies around sunset.

http://david-inscho.smugmug.com/ The key to a successful trip is to do the planning during work hours. -- John Muir “My most memorable hikes can be classified as 'Shortcuts that Backfired'.” --Ed Abbey
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Jan 12, 2018 8:11 pm 
D. Inscho wrote:
Great shot!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
silence

silence
PostWed Jan 17, 2018 9:09 am 
Just after sunrise from Yaki Point on the south rim of Grand Canyon when most of the canyon was still in darkness
South Kaibab Trail
South Kaibab Trail
End of the maintained West Fork Oak Creek Canyon trail north of Sedona, AZ
Canyon Reflections
Canyon Reflections
From Glacier Vista looking out over the Tatoosh Range with Mount Adams in the distance
Paradise
Paradise

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
invinciblejj

invinciblejj
PostTue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am 
Here are my top 3 pics of the year. They are of Split Rock & Mt Index along the Skykomish River, the Moon over the Middle Fork of the Snoqulamie River, and the Peter Iredale Shipwreck on the Oregon Coast. I am excited to show these as 2017 was a year where I started focusing on my photography.
The Peter Iredale was a four-masted steel barque sailing vestel. It ran ashore on the Oregon coast in October of 1906. Over 111 years later, the remains are still on the beach in Fort Stevens and are a pretty cool sight.
The Peter Iredale was a four-masted steel barque sailing vestel. It ran ashore on the Oregon coast in October of 1906. Over 111 years later, the remains are still on the beach in Fort Stevens and are a pretty cool sight.
On the way out of the Middle Fork Trailhead, we noticed the moon was up over the mountains. I wanted to see if I could get a shot over the river and some of the peaks and found this just off the road.
On the way out of the Middle Fork Trailhead, we noticed the moon was up over the mountains. I wanted to see if I could get a shot over the river and some of the peaks and found this just off the road.
Woke up early to head out to Split Rock just off Highway 2. This spot has an excellent view down the Skykomish River with a view of Mt Index. Unfortunately we did not have any clouds, but it was a fun morning anyway.
Woke up early to head out to Split Rock just off Highway 2. This spot has an excellent view down the Skykomish River with a view of Mt Index. Unfortunately we did not have any clouds, but it was a fun morning anyway.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm 
^ All three are cool, but I like that second one most. up.gif