Forum Index > Trip Reports > Northern Pickets traverse pics
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
BaNosser

BaNosser
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 3:34 pm 
DIYSteve wrote:
BaNosser wrote:
so we dropped down a gully into a basin on the Luna Cr side and contoured around till we found this amazing camp site with flowing garden-like pools and descent views..
That's a serene spot. I camped there in 1993 and with a different party in 2002. It's on my list of all-time top 10 camps.
It was an amazing spot to stumble across... as we walked up past all the cascading pools.. esp after the grunt up Wiley.. serene.. yep

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sammy

Sammy
PostTue Sep 26, 2017 9:17 pm 
BaNosser wrote:
Thank you and likewise! thankfully you knew that the Access camp site was taken... so we could make appropriate alternate plans.. and that was bivying on the little bench below the upper Access Cr gully and above the valley floor... it would not have been convenient to find a tent at that creek site lol...
No problem! Glad I could help.
BaNosser wrote:
Did you get some pics off Luna as well?
Here's a few of mine. Looking forward to copying your traverse next year!

BaNosser

BaNosser
PostWed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm 
Sammy wrote:
cool shot

omhk

omhk
PostMon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 am 
BaNosser wrote:
Thank you and likewise! thankfully you knew that the Access camp site was taken... so we could make appropriate alternate plans.. and that was bivying on the little bench below the upper Access Cr gully and above the valley floor... it would not have been convenient to find a tent at that creek site lol... that night at our bivy we awoke to voices!! We unzipped our tent and had a bit of entertainment as we watched 2 people come down that gully with headlamps..
Did you get some pics off Luna as well?
Hah, was this Labor Day weekend by any chance? If so, that was definitely my friend Tobin and I. I think we met you on your descent down the gully (we were ascending) in the afternoon and you told us about having gone over Challenger. We stuck around for sunset on the summit with Sammy and made the descent back down to Access Creek by headlamp. Just got around to posting my TR now. Fantastic shots, and looks like you guys had a grand adventure