Forum Index > Trip Reports > Luna Peak (9/2/17 - 9/4/17)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
omhk

omhk
PostMon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 am 
< >

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
awilsondc

awilsondc
PostMon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 am 
Thanks for the report! This one is high on my list for next year. I was just looking at trip reports yesterday. So did you do this in two days or three? Also, what's your take on the bivy spot situation at Luna col? Spot for a tent?

geyer

geyer
PostTue Jan 09, 2018 9:09 am 
Great report! I've been seeing yours and Tobin's pictures on instagram and was wondering if you would do a write up. Same question as awilsondc: bivy situation? I'd bring a sack rather than a tent though...

omhk

omhk
PostTue Jan 09, 2018 4:53 pm 
awilsondc wrote:
Thanks for the report! This one is high on my list for next year. I was just looking at trip reports yesterday. So did you do this in two days or three? Also, what's your take on the bivy spot situation at Luna col? Spot for a tent?
geyer wrote:
Great report! I've been seeing yours and Tobin's pictures on instagram and was wondering if you would do a write up. Same question as awilsondc: bivy situation? I'd bring a sack rather than a tent though...
Thanks! You can definitely fit a small tent up there, I saw someone do it. There's probably only room for a single tent, but I didn't look too closely since we didn't stay up there (unfortunately). We did it in three days. You can definitely bivy up on the col. We almost did it but didn't have time. Also on the sideways traverse up to the col, you may be able to stay on one of the higher ledges. There is running water lower down.