Forum Index > Trail Talk > Murhut Falls
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jm31828

jm31828
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 am 
Given the decent weather we are supposed to have this weekend, my wife and I along with our small kids are thinking of taking a trip over to the peninsula to hike Murhut Falls for the first time as it looks beautiful and I've always wanted to check it out. My question is this- my wife prefers only to hike in areas where there is some reasonable access to modern restroom facilities- she won't use vault toilets. So can anyone tell me if there are facilities available anywhere within just a few miles of this trailhead where we'd be able to stop for that purpose? I know there is a ranger station not too far down the road- but does that have true facilities available for people to use? I know it's an odd question, but thanks in advance for any responses!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bruce

Bruce
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 am 
Dosewallips State Park Nothing up Duckabush except vault at TH and vault at Collins, currently walk in

jm31828

jm31828
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 am 
Ah, I had forgotten about Dosewallips. Are the restrooms there open in winter? I know we've come across some state parks where those are closed this time of year to save money.

Ancient Ambler

Ancient Ambler
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am 
A number of campsites there are open year round, so it's probable that a restroom is open. Probably need a Discover Pass. You could also call the park at 360-796-4415 and ask them.

LP

LP
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am 
Quilcene Ranger Station has a very nice public flush toilet restroom, helpful staff and info on area hikes. You do not need a Discover Pass for a 15 min restroom visit at Dosewallips State Park. You may want to consider a stop at Rocky Brook Falls, not a hike but a short walk from the road, no restrooms but right outside Brinnon.

jm31828

jm31828
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm 
Thanks for the info! Good to know. I have a Discover pass, so no worries about stopping at Dosewallips if that is where we go.