Forum Index > Food & Grub > Preparing Backpacking Meals
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Snuffy

Snuffy
PostWed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm 
I started off the new year getting back into a meal planning routine with a 10 Day "boot camp" series and decided that I was going to use this momentum to prepare my backpacking meals at the same time (heat the house with the dehydrator now instead of May/June). I wrote up a few posts about it and thought maybe some others might find it helpful, too. This was the first post. I have really enjoyed some of these rainy/high avy days at home filling my freezer with meals in anticipation of next summer. smile.gif https://www.musthikemusteat.com/backpack-meal-planning-day-1/

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostFri Jan 19, 2018 1:26 pm 
Snuffy -- Thanks for posting this. I also spent quite a while going through your web site, where I found several ideas I want to try. By the way, I do the same thing as you, essentially taking advantage of the nasty weather months to test out summer backpacking recipes!

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostFri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm 
@Navy Salad I'm glad you found some things to try! I have to admit this is the first year I am actually getting things down now instead of cramming them into the month of May. A friend last summer on a trail crew talked about how she did hers in the winter when it made more sense and I swore that would be me this year!

You don't find yourself standing at the top of a mountain without having started out in the valley.
Gregory

Gregory
PostWed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 am 
I have a16'x28' room I added on to the back of my garage,I turned the garage into space for the wife's business.Anywho I have been running the dehydrator pretty hard getting ready for some Feb March April adventures and have found the dehydrator heats the man cave quite nicely!

Snuffy

Snuffy
PostThu Jan 25, 2018 9:17 am 
@Gregory Its amazing how much heat those things put out, right??