Forum Index > Partners > Mt Whitney Summit Trip - Looking for Partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Reynolds3489

Reynolds3489
PostWed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm 
Hey all, I'm looking to climb the summit of Whitney in early march of this year. I've summited 14ers in Colorado before, and have made some gnarly winter climbs in the european alps. I was going to go up Whitney this year with a partner but he's no longer able to make the hike. I'm posting in a few climbing forums looking for someone who knows what they're doing and can handle a winter hike. I'm available to hike between 4 and 10 March; I can accommodate whatever works best for anyone interested. I'm anticipating a day and a half hike with an overnight on the trail, and cold/snow/all the good ol' winter conditions. If you're interested and on the fence, I'm a nice guy and have been told I'm a good climbing partner. I grew up hiking in the mountains and its something I love doing. Feel free to reply on post or at thomastlaufer1@gmail.com. Cheers

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostThu Feb 08, 2018 8:20 pm 
If you're an experienced hiker then don't be afraid to go alone if you can't find a partner. I went down there a few years ago and solo'd it in a day. Great trip. Went up the mountaineer's route. The Sierra snowpack is 1/3 of normal this year, and that likely isn't going to change at this point. The mountain looks pretty bare on the webcam. I doubt there will be any avy danger.

Reynolds3489

Reynolds3489
PostFri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 am 
Thank you for the input! I've been considering that option, and the fact that there is substantially less snow this year is a huge plus. I'll keep looking for a partner a while longer but will keep your suggestion in mind. Just out of curiosity, what time of the year did you go?

Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker
PostFri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 am 
I think it was the beginning of November...in 2015. There was probably around the same amount of snow then as there is now.

valiseverywhere

valiseverywhere
PostSat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 pm 
Hi, are you from that area? I want to climb mt whitney but I am afraid I am a bit busy to prepare for the trip so soon (flights and stuff). If you fly there, where do you land? I have some experience with snow and elevation, but not with driving rolleyes.gif