Forum Index > Trail Talk > North Fork Snoqualmie River Road Conditions
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
theCougAbides

theCougAbides
PostSun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm 
I went up to the Bare Mountain trail today. Nothing to report about the trail, as I didn't go very far up, but some road conditions to be discussed. FS road 57, the Lennox Creek road, is impassable about 1 mile from the Bare Mountain trailhead. There are many tree blow downs that you can not get by, except by foot. Maybe "tree blow downs" should be singular. It's more like one massive blow down that lasts about 1/2 mile. The North Fork road was in decent condition. Road 57, before the trees, was in better condition than I remember from 3 years ago. I got up it in my Civic just fine. I doubt the FS is going to do anything about such a massive blockage. Does anybody know if they are okay with citizens trying to clean that sort of stuff out? Is there anybody stupid enough other than me that would even try? Or is more difficult access to Bare Mountain and Lennox Creek a good thing?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 am 
I go up there every year. Any chance you took any pictures of that wreckage?

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Jun 20, 2011 7:47 am 
Consider calling the ranger station and letting them know about the blowdown since they need to know about it, if they're going to clear it. They rely on folks to kindly volunteer information like this. They might already know, but better redundant information than none at all.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
theCougAbides

theCougAbides
PostMon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am 
Cleo About 1/2 mile of this I hope that works. I don't know how to post photos. People have done a lot of work to make it hikeable already. Good point about contacting the Ranger Station. I am overseas for a week, but I'll try to remember when I get back into town.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 am 
Thanks Coug. Dang, that is major. Funny when you think of blow downs you dont think of something like that.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
H. Hound

H. Hound
PostTue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm 
Kinda suprised some firewood types haven't gotten it. Yah it's out there a ways, but a permit isn't that much, and ya can clear ditch to ditch (Road bed width).

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Jun 21, 2011 6:43 pm 
Been wanting to get up Bare Mountain. Looks like add a half a mile of tree hopping to the trip and another half mile of road walking.. lol.gif

Norhtfork Fanatic

Norhtfork Fanatic
PostWed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 pm 
Just talked with the forest service today and they are going to have a timber sale so they will have a company come in and log it off. wink.gif

tamigleason

tamigleason
PostTue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 pm 
i was up there too on Saturday February 10, 2018. I could not believe all the mud that I encountered. They have been logging up there too. Thanks, T E Gleason

Tami Gleason
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostTue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 pm 
Tamigleason, so did you make it all the way to the Bare mnt trailhead? If so, is it passable by a regular vehicle? thanks.

cambajamba

cambajamba
PostWed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 am 
And what's going on with that big landslide/slump thing that was happening close to Sunday Creek? Last time I went up there I felt like my vehicle was going to fall down slope into the river.

tamigleason

tamigleason
PostWed May 02, 2018 10:55 am 
No not that day. I had to turn around because of time restraints. Lots of things have changed up there. Like at the beginning of the road as you are going up there was a cleared area where there once used to be trees. I remember there was a trail there to where you could walk to the falls.

Tami Gleason