Forum Index > Trail Talk > Introductions: Hello, forum
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Awkray-ven

Awkray-ven
PostTue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm 
I don't see a dedicated introduction area, so I guess I'll post this here, since I still want to do an introduction post. I'm here cause I'm getting a bit antsy, ready to go hiking, and like I tend to do when I'm impatient about something I'm doing a ton of research and reading and just kinda immersing myself in it. As well as investing to much money into improving my gear. I grew up in the Midwest, in Wisconsin. A few years ago I picked up on backpacking, and dumped that year's tax return into getting myself started with gear. Growing up I did a fair bit of car camping and hunting (to me the hunting was always an excuse to go sit in the woods for a week, then I realized I can do that anytime I want, especially with backpacking gear). I moved to Seattle about 9 months ago, and am still working on getting fully onto my feet from that huge move, but there's light at the end of that tunnel. One of the things I gave up when I moved, was my car, which really kinda limits how easily I can go backpacking on a random weekend, but hopefully I'll be seeing about getting myself a motorcycle for weekend trips and stuff to the woods with my gear. The weather here is great though, this winter has been so much more tolerable then Wisconsin's winters. Cheers smile.gif edit: While poking around further, I did just see the new members thread thingy in the Full Moon Saloon area. Oops <.<

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 pm 
Oh, hi there! Welcome aboard. You can always rent a car if you need to. Enjoy your time here!

Awkray-ven

Awkray-ven
PostTue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 pm 
Thank you, Yeah, I've been considering that as a possibility in the mean time. smile.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 am 
Hello Awkray-ven and welcome to the site! wink.gif You might want to check the "Partners/Trip Organization" forum and see if you can arrange for some transportation to local destinations.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Damian

Damian
PostWed Feb 14, 2018 2:58 pm 
Welcome aboard!

cambajamba

cambajamba
PostWed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm 
Welcome to Thunderdome!