Forum Index > Trail Talk > C'mon, We Can Figure This Out
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostThu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 pm 
"Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, there is a bronze chest filled with gold and precious gems" But be careful. There are 4 confirmed fatalities or missing persons related to this treasure hunt. https://www.npr.org/2016/03/13/469852983/seeking-adventure-and-gold-crack-this-poem-and-head-outdoors Forrest Fenn's Poem "As I have gone alone in there And with my treasures bold, I can keep my secret where, And hint of riches new and old. Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown. From there it's no place for the meek, The end is ever drawing nigh; There'll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high. If you've been wise and found the blaze, Look quickly down, your quest to cease, But tarry scant with marvel gaze, Just take the chest and go in peace. So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek? The answers I already know, I've done it tired, and now I'm weak. So hear me all and listen good, Your effort will be worth the cold. If you are brave and in the wood I give you title to the gold"

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostThu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm 
up.gif me too. I need to jack up my retirement savings...

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostFri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 pm 
A good story. Even better when it's found.

gb

gb
PostSat Feb 24, 2018 8:13 am 
Seems if you don't have anything else to do this would be a way to spend the rest of your life.

Seventy2002

Seventy2002
PostSat Feb 24, 2018 1:42 pm 
If I found it I'd just keep my mouth shut. Privacy is worth more than bragging rights.

RichP

RichP
PostMon Feb 26, 2018 10:16 am 
Remember the story of El Dorado. Many a European searched in vain for the fabled city of gold.

Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostSun Jun 07, 2020 12:57 pm 
https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/forrest-fenns-treasure-reportedly-found/5753216/

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostSun Jun 07, 2020 3:32 pm 
Seventy2002 wrote:
If I found it I'd just keep my mouth shut. Privacy is worth more than bragging rights.
up.gif up.gif

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 12:10 pm 
moonspots wrote:
Seventy2002 wrote:
up.gif up.gif
The person that found it doesn't want to be identified. From this article: The successful seeker has not come forward. "The guy who found it does not want his name mentioned. He's from back East," Fenn told The New Mexican in Santa Fe. The find was confirmed by a photograph, he added. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 1:10 pm 
I actually found this treasure first and it was taken away from me. You guys won't believe what happened. I had to run for my life from a giant stone ball, and dodge arrows, and the guy who helped me hike up there tried to steal it from me, but he got killed! Just as I thought I was in the clear, my old nemesis showed with some native warriors and took the treasure away from me. He said once again we see there is nothing I cannot find that he cannot take away, or some snide BS like that. Then I ran down to the plane and jumped in the river and we took off while the natives shot arrows at us. Old whats his name, the pilot, had a fish on, a big one, but he had to drop the pole and everything in the water so he could start up the plane and we could get away. He still talks about that fish. Then I had to ride in the plane with his stupid snake. Man, do I hate snakes! Then some other stuff happened later.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 1:15 pm 
rbuzby wrote:
I actually found this treasure first and it was taken away from me. You guys won't believe what happened. I had to run for my life from a giant stone ball, and dodge arrows, and the guy who helped me hike up there tried to steal it from me, but he got killed! Just as I thought I was in the clear, my old nemesis showed with some native warriors and took the treasure away from me. He said once again we see there is nothing I cannot find that he cannot take away, or some snide BS like that. Then I ran down to the plane and jumped in the river and we took off while the natives shot arrows at us. Old whats his name, the pilot, had a fish on, a big one, but he had to drop the pole and everything in the water so he could start up the plane and we could get away. He still talks about that fish. Then I had to ride in the plane with his stupid snake. Man, do I hate snakes! Then some other stuff happened later.
I'm not sure if I believe this. Sounds a bit implausible. Almost like it's a movie or something. There's not even anything about a beautiful woman who can drink any guy under the table. You know, with a potential love interest I might actually buy into your tale. rolleyes.gif

rbuzby
Attention Surplus

rbuzby
Attention Surplus
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 1:59 pm 
She drank a guy under the table who weighed probably 4 times her weight (I later learned), then she sobered up in a flash when I sauntered in. What a gal. After that, some other exciting things transpired.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 4:30 pm 
That's better! Now you just need a bullwhip.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 4:40 pm 
Since it's been found, I'd like to see is a follow-up story with Forrest telling where he hid it, linking it to the clues in his poem.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jun 08, 2020 9:32 pm 
I would have shot the guy in the cantina, oh that’s another story.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn