Forum Index > Trail Talk > additional Sunday avalanche fatalities Snoqualmie
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
snoqpass

snoqpass
PostMon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 am 
Just_Some_Hiker wrote:
snoqpass wrote:
...signage is less of an issue than people getting educated and developing that knowledge to were they can be responsible for the decisions they make
So what do you propose? How do you educate people who don't seek out education, or have a "won't happen to me" mentality?
That’s a tough question for me to answer. I’ve been a pro patroller for over twenty years up here, have a dog trained in avalanche rescue, many hours or training and education and boots on the snow in this valley, I’ve talked to people face to face that were headed up valley in high hazard days and I honestly can’t remember one that changed their travel plans. NWAC and others are doing a great job in public outreach and the information is more readily accessible than it’s ever been for backcountry users. I do think different users have different views on how they approach the BC and how the hazards are relevant to their experience but that’s just me thinking out loud

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
DadFly

DadFly
PostMon Mar 05, 2018 11:22 am 
I remember one guy who was severely injured up there. Years later he still referred to it as a "freak accident".

"May you live in interesting times"
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message