Forum Index > Trip Reports > The North Bend Triple - 3/3/18
Previous :: Next Topic  
Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 6:15 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bernardo wrote:
What about the it has to be north of I-90 rule?

That's a rule? confused.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Bernardo

Bernardo

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 pm 
That was a joke.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 8:47 am 
How about you tack on whatever fourth hike you want and call it the "North Bend Triple Plus".

I know several have added Rattlesnake.

When I got done the only additional elevation gain I wanted to do was to a barstool to get a cold, tall beer.

--------------
If not now, when?
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 3:45 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
When I got done the only additional elevation gain I wanted to do was to a barstool to get a cold, tall beer.

That will be the protocal for this summer's Nooksack North Fork triple or quad or whatever the heck I (we !!) do....climb a stool at Chair Nine in Glacier for IPA and pizza!

Who's in?
( you have time...too much snow this year to do it non-sloggingly before mid or late July...that is the trails, not the IPA and 'zza  dizzy.gif ).

--------------
Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
rstoddard24
BBQWingz

rstoddard24

BBQWingz
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 pm 
Nice! What you did is very similar to the Issy Alps 50K route. Just add little Si and connect them all together (the section up granite creek Tr, across the middle fork and to CCC is one of the best parts)! Ive done this route around the first big snowfall in the Fall the last two years, kinda a cool tradition to greet the winter
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Just_Some_Hiker

Just_Some_Hiker

PostThu Mar 08, 2018 10:02 pm 
rstoddard24 wrote:
Nice! What you did is very similar to the Issy Alps 50K route. Just add little Si and connect them all together (the section up granite creek Tr, across the middle fork and to CCC is one of the best parts)! Ive done this route around the first big snowfall in the Fall the last two years, kinda a cool tradition to greet the winter

When the days are longer and the snow melts I'm going to take another stab at it. I'll definitely add in Washington, Little Si and maybe portions of Rattlesnake.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > The North Bend Triple - 3/3/18
  Happy Birthday Gabigabs, alpine964!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: