Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > TAY cleans toilet
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 pm 
Just wanted to let you guys over turns all year know that I can't respond to your posts any longer. I have been banned from that site for exercising my free speech initiative. Not only was I banned from that site but every thread that I took the time to write, and every post that I ever made has been deleted. The only posts that haven't been deleted where the ones that were quoted by someone else, unless those quotes were made in a thread I started. All gone. The last post that I made before I was completely erased was this one. It only exists because Lowell Skoog quoted it in this thread. http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=38115.25 "an observation that I reported on the nwac observations page and made under the name "vague observations for money" disappeared, presumably deleted. I reported two significant Avalanches which we encountered on a tour on March 1st and I posted those observations early in the morning on March 2nd. Since we saw fresh ski tracks near one of the Avalanches we did a quick transceiver search with no results. That was also reported. Nwac, in my opinion, has a guide centric bias. Maybe they didn't like my political public safety message along with my observation. I'm concerned if a government agency deleted the public record. I sent nwac an email concerning this issue and have not heard back, or even an acknowledgement that the email was received. Two days later we had our first skier Avy fatality here on the North Eastside Cascades." The observations were real. I posted under that name to make political point concerning Public Safety. Nwac does not post accurate observational information. When an observation is reported by nwac as "near Washington Pass", and that observation is actually from Harts pass, that imformation is not accurate. When nwac chooses not to include two 2016 guide near-miss Avalanche accidents in the nwac annual Avalanche summary, (incidents reported to nwac) , that is not accurate information and has the appearance of impropriety. And now it appears that TAY is complicit in covering up facts. And so to answer Lowell's comment, nwac is a forest service program and is a governmental agency with a non-profit branch that diverts donations towards the commercial guide Outfitters. There seems to be some confusion about nwac as an organization. The following quote is from the nwac website which should clear the matter up. www.nwac.us/mountain-weather-forecast/current/ "The NWAC program is administered by the USDA-Forest Service and operates from the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Seattle." Undoubtedly many people at TAY are happy to see me gone. Enjoy your vanilla site where you can freely stroke each other's ego and not address relevant public safety and public land issues. Keeping your head in the sand is a very comfortable place and I understand that. In another thread a fellow had a comment about nwac related to the current stream of a Avalanche fatality in our state, and also was deleted. That should be a lesson that we cannot discuss sacred cows. What is clear is that TAY is a commercial site with a goal of making a profit. So let's not confuse that site with free speech rights. And as Jack Nicholson famously said in a movie. "You're not ready for the truth"

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 12:11 pm 
TLDR. You were the toilet?

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 12:16 pm 
Depends on your point of view I guess.

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
huron

huron
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 4:33 pm 
Free, not sure I follow all of your post, but your comment "diverts donations towards the commercial guide Outfitters" caught my attention because I have donated in the past. What, specifically are you accusing NWAC of doing to divert donations?

FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 5:37 pm 
Not an accusation.Fact. And not necessarily nefarious. Friends of the Avalanche money goes towards paying guide Observers. I believe, but do not know for fact that money also goes towards paying Avy 1 courses for people who can't afford to pay for them themselves and that money of course would go to the commercial guide industry also. Not a bad use of donated money, IMO. However one question I have is whether or not it's true that; I heard about a scholarship that went to a guide that was used for additional guide training by the company that employes that guide. I will be doing an FOIA request for some information from nwac, however I doubt that the friends of the Avalanche center non-profit section that's entangled with the Forest Service administration of NWAC is required to disclose. I do see that entanglement as a conflict of interest. What's best for Public Safety isn't always in the best interest for the needs of commercial Enterprise. The non-disclosure of commercial near miss Avalanche incidents is just one example. Supporting documentation deleted at TAY. Deleting my recent relevant recreational observation on NWAC is another example. I was purposely being vague on nwac observation to make a political statement because several members of my immediate Backcountry family of friends, who track nwac, have raised this accuracy issue with me. I believe nwac is receiving accurate information from the guide services, however that information is being filtered to the public for whatever reasons. I do consider that nwac deleting my observation is a very serious matter when considering that we had our first local avalanche fatality two days after I posted that observation. I had supporting facts documented over at TAY, however that thread was deleted during my recent Erasure from that site. What puzzles me is that the administrator at that site and I were having a lengthy conversation in the p.m. section concerning these issues. There was no warning of this impending complete removal from being a member of that site for 6 years or so.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 pm 
Let's hope that the banning process here on NW Hikers isn't as drawn out as it was on T-A-Y

FUN CH

FUN CH
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 9:03 am 
I don't see a :-) so I assume you're serious Randy? If so, that's not a very nice thing to say. I was banned over there for speaking my mind and telling people what they didn't want to hear. But then again I didn't force anyone to read anything I write. All my opinions were based on well-documented facts. Like the time I warned a TAY member about a specific Avalanche hazard at a specific location and that person came up to our local area near Blue Peak and Triggered that exact Avalanche problem in that exact spot. He was lucky he skiied away from that one and I do commend him for giving a detailed near Miss Avalanche incident report on tay. Then he denied I warned him and continued with his flaming campaign against me. But there it was, all documented at TAY, and now deleted. So it was okay to Flame me, which was the norm there, but not okay for me to present a public safety agenda and talk about relevant public land use issues. I could still find those facts on the 'time machine' so if you need any link to a fact just ask and I'll look it up.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am 
I thought this would be about a volunteer group cleaning an outhouse. My bad. smile.gif

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 am 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm 
Yes I agree it's a big relief. Lately every time I visited that site I was waiting to see who had decided to attack me for expressing concerns about public safety and or public land use issues. That whole Vendetta thing I was accused of conducting was actually started by one of the moderators at that site. Sad internet stuff. One positive aspects of all the attacks was to bring internet drama to the issues which seems to attract readers and therefore exposure and brain power to the relevant topics. But it also brings in the Kooks. I post this stuff to keep people informed, hear opinions and look for solutions. Also I'm trying to remain accurate, truthful and transparent because that's what I'm asking for from the commercial guide industry concerning their safety records and nwac concerning accurate non-filtered information. I also wanted my writing to convey to the reader the emotions and the stress that many of us feel from the increasing commercial use impact on public land and on recreational users. Especially when it involves for example, a friend of mine who could have been killed in an avalanche that was triggered down on him by a local commercial guide doing avy control work while guiding, which is an issue that many of us have brought to the attention of the forest service prior to that incident. Hopefully that lesson has been learned and applied to our own backcountry decision making processes. Most of what I do as far as advocacy goes happens at the public Land Management level. And now I'm on to the next level conflict resolution. Much of the commercial conflict in the local area has its roots in the forest service deciding against doing a full-blown Environmental Impact Statement when the scope and use of the helicopter operation was expanded two fold back in 2000 - 2003. Hopefully it'll be finished with soon. Totally not how I desire to spend my time. Anyway thanks for flushing out the system stuff. Totally agree. Supporting facts available upon request.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 pm 
I dont' know anything about any of this, nor do I much care, but your second sentence irks me. you do not have rights to "free speech" in any privately owned medium, period. That's not how the constitution works. The sooner you accept this and figure out how to work within the restrictions it imposes on your self-expression the sooner you may find audiences to be more receptive to what you have to say.

Stefan-K

Stefan-K
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 5:25 pm 
Freeski wrote:
"You're not ready for the truth"
: exactly If you want to be heard (and you obviously do)--you have to come to the realization that how you say things is just as important as what you say; this is a truth you have chosen to ignore (for many years and MANY posts), and still do.
Freeski wrote:
Enjoy your vanilla site where you can freely stroke each other's ego and not address relevant public safety and public land issues. Keeping your head in the sand is a very comfortable place and I understand that.
You consistently insult a lot of people but then act victimized as soon as anyone talks back. Over and over it seems only Chris Freeski can save America, can make it great again, can address the truth of public safety and land issues. It's tiresome. And it's too bad, because you have some good things to say. It's just that people stop listening when you continually hit them over the head with your rants. When you hijack just about every thread you post in. I was fully supportive when you brought up the heli LZ tree cutting issue a few years back. But you lost me along the way.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 pm 
Freeski wrote:
I don't see a :-) so I assume you're serious Randy? If so, that's not a very nice thing to say.
Your posts on T-A-Y all had the same axe to grind that grew tiresome and repeatedly highjacking other threads to grind the same axe also grew tiresome. If you aren't successful in persuading others to your point of view, doubling down using the same approach is unlikely to be effective.

Bernardo

Bernardo
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm 
I hope you find a better style on this site so we can profit from your knowledge. Starting with the title of this thread, tone could be better.

DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 9:37 pm 
I read some of his posts on TAY, had trouble figuring out WTF he was trying to say so I stopped reading them