Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Jan 05, 2018 7:44 am 
Bedivere wrote:
Agree with Layback - I bet Sherman will be back and I sure hope Thomas is back. We need to keep Bennett too. I sure hate to see Chancellor and Avril go but that's the breaks I guess. Good riddance to Lacy and Graham. At least Graham has been good for something. Lacy was a total waste of resources.
It's not guaranteed that Sherman will be back, it's almost certain that they will try to trade him like they did last year, but who know's if any team will be willing to give up what the 'Hawks will want in exchange. Thomas is more likely to be back, but if they decide to do a total rebuild, then no one is safe. Given the age of some of the veterans I think the time is nigh to start over...or at least it's very close to it.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 am 
Finally.... http://q13fox.com/2018/01/09/report-seahawks-fire-offensive-coordinator-darrell-bevell/ Cable next? 1. Walsh 2. Bevell 3. Cable 4. Graham 5. Bennett 6. Chancellor frown.gif 7. Lane 8. Avril? I actually hope they keep him. Should be interesting and a lot of changes going forward.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 pm 
Looks like Bevell and Kris Richard are now gone. Edit: Regarding Richard, he may not be gone, but they're willing to let him go according to some sources.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 5:32 pm 
Cable fired today. I am thinking there will be so many personal changes in this off season it will make your head spin!

I'm Pysht

I'm Pysht
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 5:43 pm 
Oops, I meant to say Cable, not Bevell!

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 pm 
George Johnson wrote:
Oops, I meant to say Cable, not Bevell!
Both are gone.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm 
Let's just clean the whole house. Carroll (IMO) too. Sounds like he has a little more clout that most head coaches though. We'll see how he stands in a year or two. down.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm 
I was not a big fan of Carroll when he first came to Seattle. Mainly due to his questionable decisions and poor judgement when throwing the challenge flag, I don't feel that he is a great or even a good "Field General".....however his strengths are in team motivation and is a great judge of talent and those two qualities can take you far. It would be good if he can find an offensive coordinator who is more of a take charge kind of guy and can make good decisions in critical game situations and who's judgement Pete respects.

iron

iron
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 pm 
reststep

reststep
PostThu Mar 08, 2018 5:59 pm 
That article says Sherman acts as his own agent. How common is that?

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
DIYSteve
seeking hygge

DIYSteve
seeking hygge
PostFri Mar 09, 2018 5:55 pm 
Not common but it happens. Sherman is a smart guy with a degree from Stanford, fully capable of representing himself. It aint rocket science. It'll turn out fine for him. Seahawks will release him, rendering him a free agent and the bidding will begin. He will get one-year offers, although they'll be depressed because teams will be spooked by his AT rupture. If he's feeling confident about getting back to speed post-injury, a one-year contract will give him next season to prove he's still an elite CB and thereafter get numerous teams into a bidding contest for the following season. After he gets a few offers, maybe he uses those to negotiate with the Seahawks on a one-year contract. Maybe not. Looks like Seahawks will take a dead salary cap hit. They are doing lots of shuffling. The Legion of Boom era has ended. I bet Sherman comes back strong and has a bunch more productive years.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm 
Legion of Doom? Is that like The 12th Fan?

reststep

reststep
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am 
Looks like Richard Sherman signed with the 49ers.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 pm 
Yep, the 49ers gave him a 3 year deal. I'm confused as to why the 'hawks let him go. Yeah, an Achilles is a bad injury but can be overcome and like Steve, I'm betting he comes back strong and has several more good years. People may not have liked his mouth, but I loved it. He's passionate about the game and that comes out in his play and his attitude. If dealing with some outbursts from time to time is the price for having an effective, elite player on the team, so be it. This isn't a corporate boardroom, it's a highly competitive athletic endeavor and big personalities are part of the entertainment. I'm going to hate watching him play against us. I'm also going to miss the big poster of him on the 4th ave. side of the Clink that I see every time I take I-90 into town from the East.

iron

iron
PostMon Mar 12, 2018 4:11 pm 
achilles - see: bryant, kobe