Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > TAY cleans toilet
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
huron

huron
PostTue Mar 13, 2018 6:22 pm 
For years, I've been trying to figure out exactly what this inkblot represents.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am 
snoqpass wrote:
You’re not going to get any more sympathy here than at TAY, I’m hoping the mods here don’t let you carry on with your act on this site
So long as he stays within the guidelines, complaining isn't a censorable offense. Shutting down other people simply because they write more than you like or complain about things you don't like is not evidence of an open mind.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostWed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm 
Indeed. Some existing rules such as no spray in TRs and keeping the politics in the Stewardship forum should help. For better or worse thread drift is only controlled (and I use that word loosely) by social norms.

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostWed Mar 14, 2018 9:33 pm 
MtnGoat wrote:
snoqpass wrote:
You’re not going to get any more sympathy here than at TAY, I’m hoping the mods here don’t let you carry on with your act on this site
So long as he stays within the guidelines, complaining isn't a censorable offense. Shutting down other people simply because they write more than you like or complain about things you don't like is not evidence of an open mind.
I’m just going to sit back and watch the show

FUN CH

FUN CH
PostFri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 am 
joker wrote:
In a stint as moderator on the site, I was not aware of these profits you write of! lol.gif I was, however, aware of a fair bit of time wasted by having to tap a generous local attorney who provides pro bone assistance to the site due to some things like undocumented allegations that could be construed as libel, which were kind of frustrating for folks who volunteer time to help maintain a community resource to have to deal with. I can imagine why "new management" might have taken a different tack toward handling such problems...
do you have any specific information that you could expound on here or in a p.m.? when I first started posting on that site, and because I was so new to internet forums, I asked Marcus if he would review my posts prior to me posting. I explained to him that I did not want to offend anyone. He obviously declined that editing responsibility, and who could blame him. I also specifically asked him if I could tell stories from my local area and he agreed that I could. I also explained to the Forum why I believe that I lack the social filters that other people seem to have. For me it's a gift but also a curse. "for sure my spelling is poor, i can read just fine, however words never look correct when i try to spell. may be due to a brain injury when i was in the 4th grade due to pnemonia and extreme dehydration. It took awhile for the exploding objects falling from the ski to go away. The monkies coming out of the walls were a trip. You may also notice that i don't have the normal social filters. lucky for me, i took the iq tests before that illness occured, but i never thought that i belonged in the 'smart' classes that they used to divide us into. BTW, i consider the whole thing a gift. Life." After that illness and extremely high fever, dehydration and filled with hallucinations, I could immediately recognize that a change had occurred. I was a different person. Still the moderators were free to delete any post that I made and they did many times. So in this thread where safety is being discussed, I believe I'm asking a lot of valid questions, and yet one of the moderators in the very last post decided to mischaracterize what I'd been posting all those years concerning public safety. He simply could have deleted my posts, but he continued to supply fuel to the flamers and discredit my presence at the site. Quote from moderator "implying that all professional guides are incompetent and/or killers." " This forum does not exist solely for you to conduct your personal war with the professional guide community." I was really hoping that Martin would answer my questions. I had read the opening of his guide book where he explains his Mountain philosophy, and liked what he was saying. But as you can read in Thread, as TAY members began the Flaming, my posts grew more emotionally charged. https://web.archive.org/web/20170721040604/http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=37877.0;all

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
contour5

contour5
PostFri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 pm 
The kundalini is strong in this thread. Please, elaborate further.

FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSat Mar 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Thanks for that reference, I checked it out. Lots of good wisdom in that philosophy and something that I can relate to, as it explains a lot.
contour5 wrote:
The kundalini is strong in this thread. Please, elaborate further.

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 pm 
The following post I made after the new Administration took control last year and addresses some of the issues that Joker raised above concerning liable. I never wrote anything that I didn't have facts to back up or that I believed were true. If it was just speculation on my part I stated that. I'm not quite sure that banning someone without forewarning and then deleting every piece of work I did there is Honorable. It seems that TAY is a dying website. Marcus had stated that other social media was replacing that type of TAY format when he was getting out.That 'changing hands' thread is no longer there and I was kind of surprised there was not a lot more thank you's directed towards Marcus. Mine might have been the first and only. There are actually people on that site that were blaming me for it's apparent demise. Maybe the Divergent cleansing was a business move to try to revive that site. But I have to ask the question. Does a site really exist as community resource by silencing it's members point of view, especially when that POV addresses Public Safety and public land issues. https://web.archive.org/web/20170721024207/http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=38070.0;all "Dear nch and ncmg- i sent a pm to the admin. here and requested that if you guys find any of my posts to be improper or that i am not being accurate in my posts-just pm me or the admin and those posts will be gladly removed from the site. i'm not here to defame any guides or your companies, and try to be accurate and truthful in my reporting. I'm here to give other bc skiers in my community an idea of what it is like to have to be a public land watch dog and deal with the conflict (safety,social and envoirnmental) that comes from having to re-create and share terrain with motorized helicopter access to our sacred mountains. And please know that you are most welcome to join the conversation, as your pov on these issues is missing and would be educational. thank you, chris"

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 8:17 am 
treeswarper wrote:
I thought this would be about a volunteer group cleaning an outhouse. My bad. smile.gif
I thought the same thing.

trestle

trestle
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 10:50 am 
I understand a lot of us are on multiple forums but why air dirty laundry all over the neighborhood? Makes no sense to me and given the thread title and ranting nature of the op, hard to believe anything safety-related will be accomplished. Oh well, back to my cave.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm 
Well I'd post at TAY but you know, DELETED and BANNED. This Thread is to tell my story and experiences at TAY, where I was addressing public safety issues as well as conflict issues on public land. This particular Thread is more aimed at understanding then safety. For example: One of the issues I talked about at TAY was confirmation bias. An understanding of that human factor, which we are all subject too, may also help with decision making because we are influenced by our own and group bias when we do risk analysis in the backcountry. The following thread end post is an example of confirmation bias. http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=38115.25 Quote: "Several people have speculated the NWAC deleted the observation because the poster's handle ("vague observations for money") made the whole thing sound bogus. That seems like a reasonable conclusion to me." In the above post the poster and several other members there are drawing a conclusion based upon zero evidence of the facts other than that nwac observation post was deleted. The facts are; on the morning of March 2nd, I made a valid observation on NWAC concerning two significant Avalanches that I saw on March 1st and that observation was deleted from the nwac site on March 3rd. On March 4th we had our first local BC skier avy related fatality. The fact that Naturals were occurring on the storm layer that was ultimately triggered and led to that fatality is a significant observation in my opinion. Nwac, as an organization administered by the forest service had no right to delete that post. They had my phone number and my e-mail address and could have asked for clarification. I assure you sure you that there will be an investigation into this matter. On March 5th, nwac posted on their Twitter account the following message with a link to a powder magazine article. https://mobile.twitter.com/nwacus/status/970803733327237121 "Withholding information about avalanches is crazy…and dangerous" I agree.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 pm 
Only someone with some sort of "social blindness" would post information under the handle "vague observations for money" and expect to be taken seriously.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Mar 19, 2018 1:19 pm 
See posting terms here: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8017231 The idea is that users add value to the site and bring positive contributions. Nothing wrong with a little drama here but negativity, long diatribes, etc. don't inspire confidence.