Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Wolves
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
FUN CH

FUN CH
PostSat Mar 31, 2018 9:18 am 
burck17 wrote:
Also again why is it that anyone feels the need to get personal in these forums. You don't know me or my ideology. As a matter of fact years ago I would have stood against this but have become more open minded after seeing so many successful reintroduced animals all over the world. But thanks for attacking me since you know me so well.
I was in the same boat and the answer to why people feel the need to attack personally instead of debate logically can be found in a book called "The Righteous Mind". Here are a couple of quotes from moral psychologist, Jonathan Haidt from that book. "Morality binds and blinds. It binds us into ideological teams that fight each other as though the fate of the world depended on our side winning each battle. It blinds us to the fact that each team is composed of good people who have something important to say. If you think that moral reasoning is something we do to figure out the truth, you’ll be constantly frustrated by how foolish, biased, and illogical people become when they disagree with you." When people ask about what the benefits of wolves are, the same question could be asked about what is the benefit of Wilderness?

'' what did you dream, it's alright we told we told you what to dream....so welcome to the machine'' David Gilmor (pink floyd)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message