RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostFri Apr 06, 2018 5:18 pm 
don't believe everything you think
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 pm 
This image will fade away if you stare at it long enough...weird!
Helps to click on it and make it big.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm 
I've searched Google, and they're telling me that Mercury does not go into retrograde until July 26, and the next full moon isn't until the 27th, so I don't think that celestial events can be attributed as a cause here. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out which is more stupid: (A) Running back to your burning automobile to light your cigarette on the flames of the burning car or (B) Getting arrested for trying to rescue a chicken tossed onto the highway when the driver made an illegal U-turn and rolled the semi truck hauling the chickens to slaughter. Suspected drunk driver runs back to burning car to light cigarette, singes part of his eyebrow off
Robert Quigley, upon being arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence wrote:
"Yeah I’m not afraid of fire. I deal with this kind of stuff all the time."
Woman Arrested in Bizarre Chicken Truck Crash Standoff
Amber Canavan, animal rights activist wrote:
"This just shows the lack of compassion and the lack of common decency that the chicken industry has for these feeling intelligent birds."
more chicken truck video here

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 am 
I was doing a Google search looking to see if there were any follow-up stories about the woman who managed to get herself arrested for trying to rescue a chicken from its fate at the slaughterhouse and came across this little gem that makes the chicken rescue girl and singed eyebrow boy both look like geniuses. The fact that the story is two years old does not diminish the stupid factor: Woman charged for prostitution inside chicken coop
NBC News affiliate wrote:
Child protective services conducted a drug test on Bradehoft's two-year-old child. Results showed the child tested positive for drugs including methamphetamine and cocaine.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm 
Leaving Hood River Safeway yesterday ($6/lb T Bones, nice ones) there is a 20-something man bunned wind surfer/kiter looking dude carrying a 12 pack of beer in each hand, ahead of me by about 50', headed into the parking lot just about to enter a parking row. From the side I see some big dude approaching him at a rapid clip from behind, from Safeway's other door on the far end of the store. Big guy is closing the distance on surfer dude, who must have seen him out of the corner of his eye, he speeds up and says loudly enough for me to hear, 'what's up bro'..and takes off running, or trying to. Now I notice the Safeway uniform on guy #2, and surfer dude has accelerated but is obviously slowed by his two hands full of the precious, but illicit, cargo. He makes the call to jettison half rack #1 and it hits and rolls, spraying beer everywhere. This does make for faster escape, but not enough... now Mr Safeway is right behind him and almost within grabbing range. Now they're halfway into the lot both running down one of the rows. Surfer dude calculates his chances of escape with second half rack, makes the right decision (for him), and with an underhand move at the bottom of the arc of the backswing, cuts loose half rack #2 backwards towards Mr Safeway, who makes an elegant on the fly, split second leap over the 2nd batch of exploding beer. This diversion allows surfer dude to accelerate to escape velocity, and he pulls away from Mr Safeway and I last saw him vanishing around the corner towards the funky tiny motel next to Safeway. I'm still trying to process what exactly is going on because it's all over in 20 seconds, and the parking lot is like a movie freeze frame, a tableau of all customers within sight, frozen, watching the action, a couple with kids in tow. An interesting trip to Safeway. The T Bone was excellent.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
AlpineRose

AlpineRose
PostWed Jul 18, 2018 8:04 pm 
Maybe surfer dude would have been more successful absconding with packs of T-bones.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Jul 19, 2018 11:46 am 
In high school in the 70's I worked in a big grocery store and my favorite part of the job was manning the mirrored observation window right above the booze aisle. 86 in aisle 4. Guys would come running from the bakery, the deli, the butcher, everybody wanted to get in on the beat down. I've had bottles of booze thrown at me while in a full sprint across the parking lot. I remember one time pulling into the lot for my shift just as someone came running out of the store. I cut him off Starsky and Hutch style with my car. I would never do anything like that these days. Much to likely to get shot at now. In retrospect it was pretty foolish even back then.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Oct 05, 2018 9:46 pm 
Instagram of the fake Saudi Prince, who flaunted diamonds, Ferraris, and private jets - before he was busted for fraud

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 1:57 pm 
One girlfriend's rules gone viral..
It looks as if she's had issues with him prior...

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 10:52 pm 
^ this girl has some serious issues.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Oct 09, 2018 9:17 am 
That's putting it mildly

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
Instagram of the fake Saudi Prince, who flaunted diamonds, Ferraris, and private jets - before he was busted for fraud
The whole concept of royalty is fraud. How do you accuse someone of fraud for falsely claiming to be part of a fraud? Best. Pyrites

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Oct 09, 2018 9:03 pm 
Would it be Fake News if it was news about a fake?

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Oct 29, 2018 11:33 am 
Hong Kong tourism ad features abusive and creepy actions
Quote:
Girl meets boy. Girl leaves boy. Boy hides girl's passport

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:37 am 
1972 solar flares set off magnetic proximity fuses on mines during the Vietnam war...
Quote:
The extreme space weather events of early August 1972 had significant impact on the U.S. Navy, which have not been widely reported. These effects, long buried in the Vietnam War archives, add credence to the severity of the storm: a nearly instantaneous, unintended detonation of dozens of sea mines south of Hai Phong, North Vietnam on 4 August 1972. This event occurred near the end of the Vietnam War. The U.S. Navy attributed the dramatic event to magnetic perturbations of solar storms. In researching these events we determined that the widespread electric‐ and communication‐grid disturbances that plagued North America and the disturbances in southeast Asia late on 4 August likely resulted from propagation of major eruptive activity from the Sun to the Earth. The activity fits the description of a Carrington‐class storm minus the low‐latitude aurora reported in 1859. We provide insight into the solar, geophysical, and military circumstances of this extraordinary situation. In our view this storm deserves a scientific revisit as a grand challenge for the space weather community, as it provides space‐age terrestrial observations of what was likely a Carrington‐class storm.