Forum Index > Trail Talk > White pick up truck at bottom of cliff at Frenchman Coulee
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jm31828

jm31828
PostSun Apr 15, 2018 11:29 am 
I took my wife and kids to hike the trail to the waterfall at Grenchman Coulee yesterday. We had a great time! One strange thing we saw was a white pick up truck laying upside down smashed up at the bottom of the cliff below the main road. I couldn’t find anything online about this- anybody know the story with this? When it happened? It looks fairly recent given the somewhat modern look of the truck and it’s nit rusted out or anything. Also saw what looks like the remains of a 5th wheel camper that crashed down the cliff sometime long ago. Interesting in a morbidly curious way!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ringangleclaw

Ringangleclaw
PostSun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 am 
Probably thieves having what they think of as fun. Hopefully LE has walked over and checked the SN for report of theft

huron

huron
PostSun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm 
If this is what you refer to, think I remember it being there for many years - certainly as long as the map photo where it appears here:

RichP

RichP
PostSun Apr 15, 2018 2:36 pm 
Here's one on Monument Hill near Quincy. Looks like a bomb went off in it or maybe a propane tank.
Looks like a bomb.
Looks like a bomb.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Apr 15, 2018 2:39 pm 
Tannerite?

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
jm31828

jm31828
PostMon Apr 16, 2018 6:43 am 
Yeah, this is the one. We were just horrified at the thought that people were in that vehicle and died there as the truck crashed down off the cliff- I hadn't thought about the idea that maybe it was stolen and just "dumped" there. Another strange one- we hiked up to the very base of the waterfall there and found an old rusted out riding lawn mower sitting there. Surprising in that it's the last thing I'd ever have expected to see when climbing up there. haha

Sewellel

Sewellel
PostMon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 am 
I remember there being one at the bottom of that cliff in 1984. I don't know if what is there presently is the same one, or something newer.