Previous :: Next Topic
Jeff

Jeff
PostMon May 07, 2018 5:58 pm 

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
monorail

monorail
PostTue May 08, 2018 8:23 am 
With the first pair of Chaco's I ever had, I initially started getting a blister on the side of my foot, where the straps converge. I taped some gauze around the strap where it was rubbing. After a week or two, they seemed to have broken in and I no longer needed the gauze. They never gave me blisters after that. Interestingly, when I've gotten new Chaco's since then, they have not needed any break-in. Now I wear Chaco's whenever possible, throughout the year-- by far the best footwear I've ever owned. I've even kicked steps in the snow in my Chaco's; not their intended use, but they handled it quite well.

Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostWed May 09, 2018 11:30 am 
I will assume that you have adjusted the straps correctly and have the right size, that being said first tme I've heard of that, doesn't mean has not happened before.

Franco

Franco
PostThu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm 
Don't know about Chacos bu years ago I got a pair of Teva. Used them for two or three short (too short...) walks than took them to do a river walk . it is an area known as a snake pit so I thought of mostly walking into the water, not that I had a choice in several places (it's a gorge) (On a later walk I discovered that brown snakes do get into the water, as my mate pointed out ,I had two within about e meters (who knew ?))* Anyway, the sandals were fine for a couple of hours or so going in , then they started to hurt. I kind of hopped into camp. Two days later going back my feet were bleeding in several places in spite of some generous use of gaffer tape. That kind of put me off using them. *My mate : why are we walking into the water ? Me : because it's hot and snakes are about . They don't like water Him : what about those two then ?