Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > disgusting poaching ring busted in Oregon and Washington
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu May 17, 2018 8:35 am 
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schenk
Off Leash Man

Location: Traveling, with the bear, to the other side of the Mountain
Schenk
Off Leash Man
PostThu May 17, 2018 9:49 am 
Misdemeanors???? Effing cretins...they deserve a lot more than being charged with misdemeanors.

Nature exists with a stark indifference to humans' situation.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 17, 2018 10:13 am 
previous thread on this bunch of imbeciles Centralia Chronicle article of September 08, 2017 about the "Kill 'em all boyz" poaching group and yeah... it's apparently only misdemeanor stuff in Oregon, but felony charges would be applicable in Washington State. sounds like the WDFW investigation is still ongoing. (?)

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu May 17, 2018 11:25 am 
Thanks Ski. This article just appeared in the Seattle Times today so I didn't realize it was an older story.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 17, 2018 11:56 am 
Ski, in a communication to author of Seattle Times article cited above wrote:
would I be correct in understanding the WDFW investigation is still ongoing?
Evan Bush, Seattle Times wrote:
Yes. Here’s my previous story about the Washington investigation. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/phones-of-poaching-suspects-set-investigators-on-trail-to-carcasses-191-criminal-counts-filed/ More charges have been filed since in other counties (Lewis, Pacific, others, etc.) And here’s a key paragraph from a recent story: As investigators continue to pore over evidence, more charges could be coming in Washington. “Our investigation is still ongoing,” said Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Sergeant Brad Rhoden. “There are still matters that we’re looking into. By no means are we done with our field work.” More soon
looks like this isn't over yet. Thanks Evan! up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
RichP

RichP
PostThu May 17, 2018 2:36 pm 
There are pretty stiff penalties for animal cruelty. It seems like this falls into that category.

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostThu May 17, 2018 2:48 pm 
Confiscate their rifles, trucks, AND their properties on which they based out of.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 17, 2018 3:04 pm 
^ Following the hyperlinks in the Seattle Times article I cited in my post just above, it appears that at least one of the individuals involved was caught up in a similar series of events several years ago.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu May 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
RichP wrote:
There are pretty stiff penalties for animal cruelty. It seems like this falls into that category.
^ RichP's statement made me curious:
Ski, in a communication to Evan Bush, Seattle Times wrote:
Hey maybe this is a stupid question, but.... A couple decades ago KVI 570AM radio talk show host Mike Siegel stirred up enough pubic outcry that the Washington State Legislature passed the “Posado Law”, which included provisions that provided for stiff penalties for animal cruelty. Are any of the individuals involved in this poaching ring being charged under that law?
Evan Bush, Seattle Times wrote:
I just got some new documents, and it does appear animal cruelty charges are being pursued in Pacific County.
Note the first article cited in this thread mentions this investigation began near The Dalles, Oregon in Wasco County. Mr. Bush's statement above mentioning Pacific County indicates this crew was operating over a huge geographic area. huh.gif